A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift ideas for baby and mom? *please*  (Read 1588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RougeRaven
« on: February 03, 2005 02:00:08 PM »

My mentor of four years is two months pregnant with her second child. We don't know if it's a girl or a boy yet- and there already may be health problems. Her son is 6 now and was born premature; and the doctors think there may be a chance this one will be the same way. That said, she is also an art teacher who inspires 250 children every day (the main reason why I even craft now!) and I want to make something special. Maybe even something for the baby, Laura and her son Caden. Any ideas girls?! Thank you so much in advance, I've never made anything for babies or pregnant mom's before. Ideas are greatly appreciated! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Julieko

Our newest member of the family..Jillibean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005 07:27:19 PM »

Hi,
I thought I would give you a couple of ideas...
New Baby:
You could make a nice (and cheep) receiving blanket out of a cute baby flannel.  All you need is 1 1/4 yards of fabric and you can either roll the edges and sew or you could buy a coordinating fabric and put them right sides together, sew and turn and then top stitch.
This size is nice because they eventually get to big for the tiny newborn receiving blankets.
Mom:
Make her coupons for.... washing dishes, running out for fast food, watching the kids so she can take a nap (I would have killed for that!  Grin) etc...
Little Boy:
A small fleece or flannel pillow for snuggling with.  Or maybe a new movie so Mom can take a shower while he watches it!
You can find really cheep movies in bins at Wal-mart.
I hope these ideas will be helpful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.blueberrymama.etsy.com
Adorable baby and nursing mama stuff at a great price!
MercilessOne
MercilessOne

MercilessOne

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005 07:47:04 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a complete cheese.....if you can crochet or knit or something....make a blanket! like out of baby clouds or something....my friend had a baby and he's like a year and a half or so now and I made him a blanket before he was born and to this very day he carries that blanket around with him wherever he goes! It's his special blue blankie! (I personally believe every kid should have one. *Says this as a member of the blue blankie addicts*) Cheesy My mom told me the other day they can't get him to leave the house or go anywhere without it it's the cutest little thing ever.....

Merciless
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marisa

making it up as we go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005 01:24:30 PM »

how about babysitter cheat-sheets?  you can make a form (and how much cuter if you hand-write it or draw on it, whatever) with things like

where we are:
will be back at:
cell phone number:
neighbor's name & number:
caden's allergies:
baby's allergies:
bedtime is at:

and other things a babysitter will need to know, with space for mom to fill in the info.  then make a bunch of copies on light-colored paper.  i saw something like that at a friend's house, and i wished that when i used to babysit i would have had that information handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005 01:29:35 PM »

If you are afraid baby will have too many blankets, you can try making a bath set with wee hooded towel and washcloths.  These can be fun to applique with ducks and other designs.
You could also try making some "Boppy" covers. I don't know if anyone has tried this or has a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motherboard: Author William Gibson on Real Life Technology
Chick-O-Saurus Rex by Lenore Appelhans and Daniel Jennewein
Go Back to Snail Mail to Stay in Touch with Friends
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
John U. Bacon on the Fight For the Soul of College Football
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...