A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I haven't been able to post in a while (Dial up users, proceed w/ patience)  (Read 6948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starrrdust143

Mmm...caloric intake

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2008 10:53:14 AM »

But here I am with just a few things I have been able to find the time to stitch.  I've been playing a little more with my own designs and/or tweeking patterns.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get as much sewing done as I would like, being that I have the 3 yr. old and 10 mo. old to tend to.  And once they've gone to bed, it' time to watch over the biggest baby of them all...my husband.  I really hope to get lots more done in the upcoming month.  I have SO many ideas and sketches to get to.  Anyway, enough blabbering...here are some pictures.

Vogue 8416 - Indigo and black iridescent, fabric from hell dress which is not really my size.  However I squeezed my butt into it for pictures.  Seriously, I'm not sure what this fabric or weave is called, but it took serious patience and measuring to work with.  As you'll notice, I leave things like hook and eye closures until the absolute final moment.  So understand the slight v shape in back.

I used a vintage, but Butterick 4859 is dead on - Grey and black color-block fishtail skirt.  The stretch of the fabric, along with the stripe really help to compliment curves, don't you think?  The hem looks a bit off in the picture, but I assure it's just shadowing or the way I'm standing.

Use a strapless pattern and add band and halter strap. - Red stretch cotton and black pleather halter.  The back slit is about 9" or so long.  I didn't take a picture of it, but I faced the slit with leopard print hem tape.  I think that's the part I like the most, eventhough it's not seen by outsiders.  Perhaps if legs are crossed or something, it'll peek-a-boo a bit.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 01:31:30 PM by starrrdust143 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashionable frocks and vogue vintage  for the modish misses http://www.AvaAmin.etsy.com

Come be my friend!
http://www.myspace.com/avaamin
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008 11:04:27 AM »

I love what you've done, especially the first. I thought it looked really 80s, but on, it's fabulous. BTW, you're absolutely gorgeous, and I have such shoe envy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008 11:10:41 AM »

Gorgeous! Those cuts really show off your knockout curves to perfection!  I love the black detail on the skirt!  Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
flootloop
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008 11:14:17 AM »

wow those are all gorgeous but my personal fave is the first one because I looove that color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OmJane
-Tanya [tawn-yuh]

clickity clack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008 11:30:43 AM »

i just love that black and white skirt! and you look stunning in those cuts. i love this.

...this rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Flour and Fleece

"On the contrary, it is you who are crazy to think that you are mighty because you can wound and destroy. That is the task of children. The mighty know how to create and heal."
starrrdust143

Mmm...caloric intake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008 11:47:53 AM »

I love what you've done, especially the first. I thought it looked really 80s, but on, it's fabulous. BTW, you're absolutely gorgeous, and I have such shoe envy.

Yeah, I ws a little iffy as I was constructed that one also.  But I'm that way with EVERYTHING i make.  I have such doubt in it, until it's completely finished and worn.  Talk about own worst critic.  BTW, you are super sweet.  Thanks for the compliment cause I feel a bit off today.  And shoes....sheesh.  It's a total addiction..that I don't really care to let go.  hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashionable frocks and vogue vintage  for the modish misses http://www.AvaAmin.etsy.com

Come be my friend!
http://www.myspace.com/avaamin
stelloun
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008 11:50:06 AM »

Its so gorgeous!!  Shocked and it fits you perfectly!! very beautiful job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasar31629
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008 11:56:03 AM »

Wow- everything looks great and well finished!  I really love that skirt though- the black curved line designs are perfect and really flattering!  And I love the neckline of the first dress too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babyangel
Photographer, mommy, late night crafter

I made the BEST OF 2007 with my love letter box!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008 12:14:58 PM »

I love seeing all the things youve made and you look FANTASTIC too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Isolde Darling
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008 12:28:37 PM »

The first dress in particular is just stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You musn't give your heart to a wild thing.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick the Right Spot Treatment for Your Skin
Salma Hayek’s Beauty School: Concealing Age Spots
Salma Hayek’s Beauty School: Concealing Eye Wrinkles
How to Brighten Tired Eyes Instantly with Makeup
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 Review
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...