A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy hair styles?  (Read 32462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kiell
« on: February 03, 2005 11:08:08 AM »

I have medium-long hair (right under shoulder blades), and am running out of ideas of what to do with it. My hair was really short for the longest time... I am looking for directions (and pictures, maybe) of how to put hair up, or down I guess. I don't know how to do a french twist or anything. Modern, vintage, anything would be nice. Thanks and much love!!   -Kiell
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005 12:11:51 PM »

Is your hair curly, wavy, straight etc?  I have curly hair and I love to put a scarf or fabric I've made into a tie and tie it like a head band.  Then I make a high sloppy ponytail.  You of, course need to wear big earrings too!

My other great go-to look is a low pony with a very deep part on the side.  Then I take a piece of hair and wrap that around the pony tail to hide the hairrubberbandythingy and secure it with a bobby pin.  Think Helen Gamble on The Practice,  I think this looks so much better on people with straight hair though. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005 03:04:50 PM »

I have exactly the same length hair, and mine is straight. I am also in need of hairstyles.
 I usually just put it in a mid-length ponytail w/ a side parting, maybe a felt flower or fun clip, but it's pretty boring.
Anyone else have any ideas?
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005 03:09:43 PM »

How about odangos? I do them quite a lot, especially if I'm wearing falls because I can cover them with hairnets pretty easily then put the falls on top. If you haven't seen them (or aren't an anim fan Grin) it's where you put your hair in high bunches first, then twist each bunch away from your face, if that makes sense (clockwise on the left side, anti-clockwise on the right side), then tie each one in a knot around the base of the bunch and secure them with a rubber band.
It should look like two balls of hair with loose hair hanging from each one, though if you don't like those you can just do two buns on top of your head and that gives the same look really without the loose hair.

One of my friends just about always does this style- he ties the hair on top of his head back and leaves the back loose. Although most of it's loose it still stays at the back because of the hair tied over it (ah, the wonders of science).
You can do a variation on that one by taking two chunks of hair, one on each side of your head, at the front, and twist or plait them. Then tuck them over your ears and join them together with a rubber band, or only plait them a little of the way and where they meet, plait them into one big plait.

Another of my friends does a pretty weird style sometimes- she divides her hair into small sections and twists each one until it curls back on itself. Then she secures each one with a rubber band. It takes a while to do though!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005 03:19:22 PM by Kuolema Nox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005 04:27:19 PM »

Straight hair.....hmmmm.  I always dream of blowing out my hair anf pulling it into a high loose ponyail and tying (sp?) into a simple knot.....secure with bobby pins and go bopping out and about!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005 05:32:59 PM »

Yeah, I need help too. My hair is medium length, below my shoulder blades, kinda mid back-ish. It's straight and each hair is thin, but there's so much of it that it feels thick.... my hair hates staying up in french twists or anything like that...

my favorite more dressy hairstyle is parting it on the side, and then pulling part of it back, twist a little, and butterfly clip it. then i do the other side... it looks kinda vintage, and it works for me. I need hairspray and wet hair for this to work though.

if you have time the night before, I like to do pin curls, which is basically taking a little section, twisting it and then curling it into a flat spiral on your skull and then bobby pinning it. I can do my whole head of hair in an hour or so, it's great to do while watching TV.

if your hair is more apt to stay, you can do giant flat twists back and then put your hair in a ponytail... ok, that doesn't really make sense. you know when you take a teeny bit of your hair and then start twisting backwards along your scalp, adding more as you go along? it was really popular a while back. you can do bigger ones and then gather it in a ponytail.

if you've got longer hair, those magic bun things that you see on tv and at claire's, (a rubber oval thing with hooks on both ends) work pretty well, especially if your hair is slightly damp. doesn't work well with shorter layers though, i've found out.

any other ideas? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005 09:16:31 AM »

My hair is a bit below shoulder length, and admittedly permed, but if you can just give the back a few curls with an iron and tease it a little, you can try this princessy style:

1. Take two or three, or four sections
 of hair from the front of your head,a bit above your ears. twist and secure against your headwith bobby pins and a little hairspray.
2.Now, with your fingers, gather up the top half ofyour hair (including the ends of the twisties) and make it into a messy ponytail with a small rubber band or barrette.
3.Now take a scarf or ribbon and tie it around your head as a headband.

I like this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
eyes of summer

"We are all just prisoners here of our own device"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005 10:29:31 AM »

http://www.dressytresses.com/hair-styles/default.asp
Check out this site for styles for long hair...they all look nice, and some of them are really creative.  I love the one called the "reverse roll", and i've found that it looks great with both straight and curly hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some things in this world are invisible, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

my crafty blog: http://www.eyesofsummer.blogspot.com/
kukeit

crafting all the time now, mostly in my head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005 10:54:16 AM »

Oh that website has lovely stuff. I am envious of the shiny-ness of the models' hair though.   Tongue Smiley

I've been looking around for ages for new hair styles, as I ALWAYS wear a ponytail, and when I don't, I wear a braid and my hair slips out of it because it's a bit layered. (not hectically layered though) my hairdresser warned me to wear my hair loose as much as possible as hair falls out if it's in the same style all the time. it needs breathing space for all the pores in the hairs or something.

loose hair annoys me though.  Tongue I need at least half my hair tied back. And then all the loose part gets knotty and fly-away-ful.

I have brown, just reaching the bottom of the shoulderblade hair. straight. I love having crinkly hair after putting it in lots of little braids the night before (when it's wet) but I don't have a lot of patience for it!

bookwormbry -
if you have time the night before, I like to do pin curls, which is basically taking a little section, twisting it and then curling it into a flat spiral on your skull and then bobby pinning it. I can do my whole head of hair in an hour or so, it's great to do while watching TV.

that bobby pin thing sounds cool, i'll try it tonight or tomorrow. does it work with wet hair or dry hair or does it not matter?
-Talli  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005 10:58:27 AM by kukeit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

everything passes
sabrinabobina
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005 11:26:56 AM »

i have been sporting the 2 french braids.Sometimes i part my hair quite a bit and start right at the root and have it wrap around.Other times i keep it loose and keep my bangs,but at the ends,where the elastic is,i tuck the ends up under the braid,so they are hidden and it gives a different look,a little less Hiedi,a little more grown up.I am pretty lucky i guess,my hair is naturally curly,and even though i usually straighten it ,it can hold a lot of styles.When i am bored,i totally put on some music,grab a glass of wine and a pack of bobbypins and end up with some fun stuff.You just have to be patient and play with your hair.I just put pieces up in chunks and twists and if i like them there i pin there there.YOu just have to have to play and dont worry about it looking perfect,it usually looks better when its not anyways
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Most Powerful Sharpening Tool in Photoshop Elements 11
How to Draw Benson from Regular Show
The Link Between Video Games and Classic Art
How to Create a Player-World Dynamics in Video Games
The Art of Glitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...