A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: selling wares abroad  (Read 722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fairie_shoes
« on: February 03, 2005 10:04:25 AM »

My friend and i recently had the amazing idea of not only going on holiday to france (which weve been planning for a long time) but also selling our craftiness (bags, skirts purses etc) while were there.  probably mostly at fairs etc, or setting up stalls in streets if we can.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Or doing anything similiar, even just hairbraiding in streets?  Would we need permits, where can we get these from, what about taxes, how do we find out about fairs/festivals etc?

This is one of those annoying ideas that you discuss for ages with your friends and that never actually happens, but were determined to make a go of it if we can!  So any advice, experiences or even anyone slapping me (virtually) and telling me to stop dreaming would be fantastic  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dancing barefoot
dahilia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005 09:22:58 AM »

This is an interesting idea. I know I read an article about someone selling their paintings while traveling (at outdoor shows). I will see if I can locate it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005 06:00:02 PM »

i could give you advice from a u.s. standpoint, but i don't know about Scotland...  In the u.s. you would need a business lisence (depending on your state) and then your income abroad doesn't count unless it is over a certain amount (although you still have to report it).
one benefit of this is that your vacation is a buisiness trip and you can deduct travelling expenses.  thus you may not actually have any 'profit' when all is said and done.
the u.s. also has a minimum amount you have to make as an individual before you have to report it at all.
also, we would have a customs issue if transporting things that we are planning to sell...

anyway some questions for you to ask of your tax/city office maybe:
-business lisence?
-minimum income amounts at home and abroad?
-sister city relationships?  maybe a way for you to get in touch with some helpful other town offices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
fairie_shoes
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005 07:37:24 AM »

wow lots of food for thought  Roll Eyes thanku muchly  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dancing barefoot
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Council Ellie’s Top Beach Picks!
What To Wear: Summer Fashion For Kids That Can Transition Into Fall
Up-Close: Chanel Couture 2013 Collection
Three Adorable Summer Looks From Style Council Carly!
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Tonya
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...