A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Off Topic, But *creative* minds needed!  (Read 1210 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corin
« on: February 03, 2005 02:27:54 AM »

Ok so heres the deal :          (please ignore spelling/grammar)

My neighbour who is 12 years old was diagonsed with a really rare disease (wich i can never remember the name to) about two years ago or so. its so rare shes actually the only person in canada who has it and theres fewer then 100 cases world wide. well anyways to make a long story short she will eventually have to be in a wheelchair. and the family has to do renovations on there house to make it wheel chair accessable.
well what my point is..i want to do something for them and knowing that they dont have alot of money to do these renovations i thought of fundrasing, so what i need your help is.. ideas for fundraising i could do. im only 17 so i need your creative minds to help me figure out how i can raise money for them...
any ideas are much appreciated!

>i hope its ok i posted this here.
-Corin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ElleMD628
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005 07:43:54 PM »

This isn't exactly a "crafty" fundraiser idea, but since I'm sure you want to raise a lot of money I remember when I used to sell Pampered Chef the consultants could do a show as a fundraiser for anything that was a "good cause" and I think you get to keep like 30% of the profits instead of the free product which can really add up in a short time.

In fact, maybe you could organize a "Mega Fundraiser/Vendor Fair" with several booths of different vendors who agree to donate a certain amount or a portion of their sales? I bet a local church or school might be willing to lend you their gym area for little to nothing considering the cause.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
padlady
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005 04:47:25 PM »

Maybe Extreme Makeover Home edition can helP? Try contacting them, you have nothing to lose
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesakati
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005 05:44:39 PM »

the more people you get involved the better, in terms of publicity, money raised, etc.  what if you got her school involved?  Or got your whole neighborhood together?  Or your church?  You could have a bake sale, or a multifamily yard sale, or do a carwash or yard work...or all of the above.
I think it is so nice of you to be thinking of them like this -- you just made me feel really guilty actually -- there was this boy in my highschool who had his leg amputated and then his house burned down and we were all like, wow, that sucks, and never even thought of trying to raise money for him.
So I hope you have a lot of luck with this, you deserve it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
sewincbm

maybe i just like towels!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005 12:10:02 AM »

when a guy at my dad's work was diagnosed with a rare disease that would lead to him being in a wheelchair, everyone set up a monte carlo night, and all the profits went to the family.  it would be hard to do, but if you find organizations that would be willing to help (like discounts on renting a facility, or a cash bar that could donate a portion of the sales), and you could publicize the event well, it could be a hit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

holla
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005 09:06:17 PM »

You might try asking your local organizations (volunteer fire halls, banquet halls, etc) if they would be willing to donate the space on a weekend day during off-season...  Tell them that you'll do publicity for the event, etc..  you could do a flea market type of thing.  Charge 15 bucks for the table, and solicit donations for YOUR table beforehand...  All of your profits from your table go directly to the family, as well as the money from each table's rent...  You can also have baked goods, crafted, etc.  You can make it a craft fair/flea market--'tis the season for that!

The possibilities are endless--talk to your friends and see if they'd be willing to help you out with organizing it--it could be a ton of fun, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
bluegum

Deranged Speed Knitting

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005 11:12:32 PM »

Earlier this year a kid fell out of a tree or something and messed up his back as a fundrasier for a wheelchair van they have been selling "Crusing for Colin" tee shirts and buttons.  I know that the buttons are like 10 dollors but it's said and printed everywhere that you aren't just buying a button your buying a van for his family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if i could be anything i'd be your tear/because i was born in your eye/lived in you cheek/and died on your lip
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Does Dallas Taste Like?
How to Make Gourmet Burger with Fried Fennel and Lemon Aioli Sauce
Homemade Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
Wine And Beer Pairings For Your Summertime Grilling Fare
How to Make an Open-Faced Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...