A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,541
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Beardsley and Badges!! IMG OBESE!!  (Read 6171 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008 01:33:22 AM »

Wow!!!!  These are simply amazing!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliceownsj00
werd homie.

Life's grand, aint it?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008 03:08:21 AM »

What a sweet friend you are

I love the Art work, so beautiful!! Well, everything is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tina522
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008 03:50:11 AM »

Omg!  Everything is absoulutely gorgeous.  I would love to see how you made your bookplates.  I have done a few of those, but was not impressed with how they turned out, thats why I am a copycat artist.  Ha.  You guys are such thoughtful friends.  That kind of thoughtfulness is what I would cherish forever.  Thanks for sharing. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buns
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008 07:12:50 AM »

I'm a pretty big Beardsley fan myself, ever since I was a little child and hardly knew what an oversized penis was.   Cheesy  This is also one of my favourite images of his, and you did an amazing job making something amazing!  When I get some spare time, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out what exactly you have done here.

And the mirror is so beautiful!  Great work, you're a caringfriend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sploschee

no, I don't have a tash

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008 08:21:50 AM »

How cool.  What a lucky friend.  Who'd have thought that decoupage could be soooo cool. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaChPi
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008 12:28:02 PM »

I can see a whole collection of shadowboxes done with ancient Greek vase paintings. This actually gives me an idea for a b-day present for him, 'cause he's studied mythology for years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hello color!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008 12:42:07 PM »

Everything's beautiful! Can you describe how you made the mirror? I mean, the resin looks really domed, so did you use a domed mold somehow, or... Tkxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyintheskywithdiamonds
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008 01:12:46 PM »

Your friend is totally lucky! That shadow box is such a good idea. Everything is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is short, so make out with someone tonight.

The Blog: http://makingstuffblog.blogspot.com
PoodlyBooty
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008 01:16:21 PM »

Love what you did with the Beardsley print!  Beautiful! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmelissa
Design or Die

design or die

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008 03:31:27 PM »

Everything's beautiful! Can you describe how you made the mirror? I mean, the resin looks really domed, so did you use a domed mold somehow, or... Tkxes!

The mirror was pretty easy to do, When i brought it it had this vinyl type fabric glued to the top, i just ripped that off, it was only a $2 mirror so that came off pretty easy. Next i just chose an image from the internet, drew an oval around the section i wanted to use so i would have a guide to cut along. Then i printed it out on slightly thick paper (leftover from the frame stuff) then i sealed it using decopage glue/paste ***Its really important to seal the edges too*** you have to go very lightly over the image or the ink will run, i had to have a few goes at that. You could probally pre-seal it with some fixative spray or simular.

Next step i just attatched the image to the mirror, there was still some tacky glue left on it from the old cover so i just used that - otherwise just a little hot glue would even work.

Then i mixed up the resin - i got it from spotlight, its a two part one (It came in a pack for making coasters?? All i did was carefully pour the resin ontop of the image (the mirror had a bit of a lip on it and as the paper was thinner than the origional fabric this lip was now bigger) I just poured the resin until it formed a dome (because it is thicker than water it worked quite well) then i left it to set overnight! The first time i poured i put too much resin and it ran down the side so i had to tip it all off and start again, but the second time it was fine and it took overnite to dry.

Hope this clears things up, it was a relativly easy process just a case of having a go, and because the mirror was so cheap i didnt mind if it didnt turn out!

And thankyou to everyone who has commented! I was really pleased with how the shadow box turned out, my friend requested a few more frames so she could have a go at making a set!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Party Chocolate Coated Popcorn Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Inviting Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Best Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Hot Wings Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...