A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beaded wire bracelets - with tutorial!!  (Read 109835 times)
Tags for this thread: bracelet , cuff , tutorial , wire_bracelet , beaded  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

verycrafty
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2006 04:59:18 AM »

It was 18 gauge wire. That's what was written in the instructions on page 1 of this topic so that's why I used it. Are other people using thicker wire? That would explain why theirs are straighter. I will certainly try a thicker one next time.

I think I know what your problem is. Where exactly did you buy your wire from? If your proght it from like walmart or even micheals, I think they only sell 'soft' wire. Soft wire bend very easily and I don't think they shoul be used in a project like this. I reallu don't know where to ge any 'harder' wire from (besides online) but I have been looking very  hard from some. I am going to try some memory wire soon though. I am going to see how that works out. When I play with the wire, I can't bend it at all with my hands Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuoLiu
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2006 02:09:32 PM »

Yes it was from good old Michael's. It was my first wire project so I really don't know anything about different types of wire yet. I guess a harder wire would make sense because you need to bend it a little but not very much. I'm not ready to invest in a lot of wire yet but I will keep that in mind for later. thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slb2724
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2006 02:47:43 PM »

im using this thick as hel wire, i cant bend it properly, even with the plyers.....this is gonna take a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
crazydoc
"Never, ever give up" - Winston Churchill "Never, ever grow up" - Dr. Seuss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2006 05:06:49 PM »

Ok...I've officially fallen in love with yet ANOTHER form of beading!

I hold you personally responsible  Grin

~CD~

p.s. I still havne't quite gotten the photobox thing down, but I'm working on it!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010 10:28:14 PM by crazydoc » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazydoc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2006 11:16:57 PM »

WARNING!

Making these bracelets is HIGHLY addictive! I can hardly believe it's 2:15am!!! I've made 4 of these since I read this awesome tutorial, and I'm just itching to do more.

Wheeeeeeeee what fun!

~CD~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2006 08:22:25 AM »

WARNING!

Making these bracelets is HIGHLY addictive! I can hardly believe it's 2:15am!!! I've made 4 of these since I read this awesome tutorial, and I'm just itching to do more.

Wheeeeeeeee what fun!

~CD~

Cry my wire is too thick! i couldnt bend it properly, but i had to make one! the plyers slipped. my finger has a huge blood blister and is all swolen now.... but i finished it!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazydoc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2006 08:49:11 AM »

Heavens! You're one dedicated person!

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze') post a pic? I'd love to see your work.

Here's one I whipped up this morning. It's kindof hard to tell from the pics, but there is a mood bead (changes colors) in the center that appears "suspended", b/c I placed it perpendicular to the others. I tried to surround it with the tiny wooden seed beads so that the other beads (multiple colored glass ones on either side) so it wouldn't detract from the focal (mood) bead.

What do you think?

Take care of that blister!!

~CD~

p.s. Maybe it would be a good idea to get some higher guage (thinner) wire that that with which you're currently working?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010 10:26:00 PM by crazydoc » THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2006 09:05:01 AM »

Heavens! You're one dedicated person!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze post a pic? I'd love to see your work.

Here's one I whipped up this morning. It's kindof hard to tell from the pics, but there is a mood bead (changes colors) in the center that appears "suspended", b/c I placed it perpendicular to the others. I tried to surround it with the tiny wooden seed beads so that the other beads (multiple colored glass ones on either side) so it wouldn't detract from the focal (mood) bead.

What do you think?

Take care of that blister!!

~CD~

p.s. Maybe it would be a good idea to get some higher guage (thinner) wire that that with which you're currently working?

yours are awesome! i was planning to go to michaels to get some thinner wire...i started to unwrap the wire/beads from the bracelet because it is so thick, i cant bend it to put on my wrist!!! ill take a pic of what is left (about half is still on) plus im going to get different beads. but when my dad comes home from work (he has the camera in his car) ill take a pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elfin enigma
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2006 09:54:11 AM »

crazydoc = one busy bee!  they are all nice, and that pearly green one looks so elegant! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenna rose
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2006 08:39:44 PM »

i bought the frames a month ago and still hadn't thought of what to put on it, here in my country they usually use shiny glassbeads, and i don't wanna use that bcoz it seems so mainstream already... but tnx to ur post it inspired me of what to use...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/51228Piksyur_75_.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/51228wiredcuff_blue.jpg

<<<edited to remove images from quote - please remember to delete IMGs when quoting ~ thanks!>>>

sorry for the crappy pics... i used a cameraphone.
i sold it for only $5... (yupz, quite cheap bcoz the dollar rate here is high)  but if im going to use swarovski stones it might cost around $30-40, even $60.

does anyone know where i can get those bracelet blanks?  i've looked all over and can't find anything online.  maybe i'm not typing in the right thing in the search box.  i just do "bracelet blanks".
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 02:33:27 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
What Is Graffiti Blockbuster Style
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...