A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alcohol/Bar related swap (SIGNUPS CLOSED, sendouts extended to 19JUL2008)  (Read 10153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008 10:09:14 AM »

Katarina, if I would have seen you signature YESTURDAY, you would have gotten about 2 lbs of beer caps..but since we're moving, we threw them all away. Sad

awwwwwww... oh well, thats ok since I'm not really sure what to do with the few I have (other than magnets).

Speaking of, does anyone know of any on-line tutorials for things to do with bottle caps? or any other ideas/links that would be relevant to this swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
squidget
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008 02:43:04 PM »

There is this post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=17935.0;topicseen
This swap sound too awesome to not do! I hope sometime this year to build a bar of my own! I think home brewing is so neat! I just came from a vacation in Portland, Oregon and met people who were brewing their own beers. Beer is really big there, it was fun to try different things! Well, I'd better shut up and sign up...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008 03:07:04 PM »

There is this post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=17935.0;topicseen
This swap sound too awesome to not do! I hope sometime this year to build a bar of my own! I think home brewing is so neat! I just came from a vacation in Portland, Oregon and met people who were brewing their own beers. Beer is really big there, it was fun to try different things! Well, I'd better shut up and sign up...Smiley

Oh man, Portland is my hometown! Well, not exactly hometown, but I grew up in Oregon and Vancouver WA (just across the river from Portland). I love it there so much! Now I'm all nostalgic heh (moved to California last year, bleh)

Thanks for the URL, I'm putting it in the ideas post.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 03:08:49 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
squidget
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008 03:16:44 PM »

I loved it, I would totally move, but the boyfriend loves his small California town...boo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008 03:31:35 PM »

Drat, all this talk of Portland beer now I want a McMinnamin's Terminator Stout.
We brew beer further north too - we have a great micro brewery just a few blocks from here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StrwbryMlkmmmmmm

saltthirstyslug

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008 06:29:22 PM »

rira, i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd be down for some awesome beer cap jewelry! i can't believe i've never thought of that before anyway!

i was definitely excited i hadn't missed the sign-ups on this one! time to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3conan o'brien

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
coccyx
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008 08:29:14 AM »

Speaking of, does anyone know of any on-line tutorials for things to do with bottle caps? or any other ideas/links that would be relevant to this swap?
I took one each from the greatest beers I've had so far and put them in an Ikea Ribba shadowbox frame.  I'm drinking my way to a set of 3, but for now the finished one is holding up my books.

You can also squish two together to make checkers.
Or rivet them upside down to a rubber mat to make a nice scrapey doormat.
And I bet there's a way to make a bottle opener out of bottle caps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008 01:57:52 PM »

that's super nifty.

now, I REALLY regret throwing all those caps away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008 07:39:32 PM »

I have to go to IKEA in the morning...HAHA now lets see what I can do also...LOVE THIS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
kartiana

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008 09:38:56 AM »

Attention Participants:

I have received a PM from someone wishing to join this swap, but they will not be 21 until early July. ...I have stated in the rules that everyone needs to be 21 before signups end since I do not want to appear to be endorsing underage drinking (even though we will NOT be swapping alcohol, it is an adult theme). I'm not sure what to do in this case and am asking for advise. If there is anyone that would fine partnered up with this person please let me know so that if I do allow them to join I won't partner them with someone uncomfortable with the situation. They will be 21 before the send out date so this is why I'm asking for advise. ...There are still plenty of things someone can craft related to this theme without having to buy alcohol to get supplies.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, you can post them here or send me a PM.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
How to Cook Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
How to Prepare Chicken Baked with Garlic
How to Mix Roast Quail with Sauce
How to Heat Chicken in a Mustard Coat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...