A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Craftsters in Alaska?  (Read 25230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SKerri13
Tutorial Contributor

Don't Eat the Paste

conformity is subversive.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2008 01:39:55 AM »

I like the store in the University Center, and Quilt Tree isn't that far from there.
My favorite "craft" store in town will always be Black Elk Beads though. No fabric, but if you ever need leather, beads, buttons, or stuff you never knew you needed until you saw it there, that's the place.
Yeah, the quilting specialty stores are pricier, but you get a lot more selection of cotton patterns, so I guess it really depends on what you are looking for, plus the quilt stores also carry more glass and art type buttons. Another great place for glass buttons in singles is the yarn store by Bosco's in Spenard. I don't get there often though because Knitting Grounds is only about a mile away from where I live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2008 10:02:19 AM »

I don't mind paying a bit more at quilting stores. I frequented a few at home and could always find something I liked at them! Plus, the quality of more expensive fabrics (even just cottons like I use) seems to be much better. At JoAnn, it was kind of hit or miss and they often carried the same fabrics forever and it frayed like there was no tomorrow. I'll check out Quilt Tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2008 11:26:59 AM »

ahhh, Quilt Tree.  Cheesy I could go in there every day and not get bored!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

akbev
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2009 04:54:27 PM »

Another "Wasillian" craftser here!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AK_crocheter

Crochet Awesomeness by The Crochet Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2010 11:06:03 PM »

I crochet! I live an Anchorage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2010 02:41:31 PM »

Where did you get your tattoo done at? I've been trying to find a good place. Smiley

I don't live in Alaska but I visit about every other year. My dad lives in Anchorage, and that's where I got my tattoo. Smiley  I wish I could remember the name of the shop I got it done at, but if I remember correctly it's on Seward.  It's hard to miss, their sign is a giant tattoo gun.  They didi a great job on my tatoo, and the lady that did it was so super nice!  The only thing I didn't like is that when I went in to pick out my tattoo, they wouldn't let my daughter come in.  No minors allowed even if acompanied by an adult.  But my tatoo was so totally worth it! Cheesy  One of these times I'm going to go back and get another one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AKAmber
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2010 12:08:56 AM »

No idea why I never thought to look here and post before, but here I am, at last.

So glad to see there really are others here in Alaska - and even in the Valley - that are on Craftster!! My sister in Washington told me about it and of course I am hooked now.

Ended up meeting a fellow craftster today actually at a mom's club meeting in Wasilla.

I would love to do some craft related get togethers sometime. I am mostly a papercrafter and scrapbooker but I also cross-stitch, can do basic sewing, mosaics, a tiny bit of crochet, basics of stained glass and would love to learn just about any other craft you can imagine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2010 07:04:51 PM »

Has anyone seen any classes offered around for Native Arts like caribou tufting, basket weaving, fur sewing, or anything along those lines?

I keep looking, but so far keep coming up with nothing.  Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
AK_crocheter

Crochet Awesomeness by The Crochet Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2010 02:59:58 AM »

Hi I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post this anyway in case anyone is looking for a group.
I just started a crochet and knitting group for parents with young kiddos. it's list on ravelry.com and on facebook.com

it's called Through The Loops

This is a group for parents in Anchorage Ak to get together to knit, crochet, loom knit or finger knit just for fun. Drink some coffee and work some loops, whether theyre crocheted or knitted is up to you.

We will be meeting:
~Wednesday mornings from 10 am- noon at Arctic Playgroundz
The kids will have a blast playing dress-up, driving cars, cooking in the the houses and the indoor slide is always a hit! They have great coffee and tea and snacks for the kiddos. Come show us your latest completed projects and what you are working on now.

~once a month we will meet at Starbucks WITHOUT KIDS at 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm.
Bring you latest project and questions.

during the summer we can add another day to meet at a park, while the kids play we can knit or crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faemystique
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

RN who crafts like she's on Crack!

Making my art a priority in 2014!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2011 04:53:39 AM »

I didn't dig through all 18 pages to see if I had replied to this a few years ago, but, I am here too!!  I live in Palmer.  I sew, knit, crochet, bead, play a bit in everything, stamping, clay, painting, etc.  I would love to start a group or craft n bitch type thing.  I have a lot of supplies but I need inspiration and direction and motivation sometimes!  Anyone else looking to meet up or get a group of sorts going in the Valley?  Maybe we could make a co-op type thing and do craft fairs/friday flings, etc.  My schedule is every other weekend, so that doesn't always work for me, as a night nurse... but alas I am rambling... hope to hear from you Alaskan crafters soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Comparison Between Nikon SLR and Compact Cameras
A Comparison of the Nikon D40 and D40X from the Nikon D80
Review on the Nikon 12-24mm Lens
Review on the Nikon 18-200mm Lens
Review on the Entire Nikon D-SLR Lineup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...