A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hmmm...cat bed or fancy litterbox?  (Read 6330 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed , cat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chubby Pixie
« on: May 15, 2008 09:05:15 PM »

Josephine is a very special cat.  She was scheduled to be put to sleep because her owner was moving but by chance I heard about her situation and she came to live with us instead.  She's very timid and spend the first 10 months hiding in our closet only coming out when I'm holding her or at night. 

Recently she's become brave enough to venture out of the closet on her own and so to reward her I thought I'd make a bed of her very own.  It's nothing too special, no pattern except for the one in my head..but the reason I like it so much is the tiny mice on the fabric  Wink

The only problem is that she thought that I had made her a very fancy litter box and the next morning there was poop it it  Tongue.   I had to give it to my other cat who promptly pulled off the pompom and squished it since he's so fat  Undecided.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008 09:16:48 PM »

What a sweet kitty! There you go - she just wants a fancy potty! Just remake it bigger, put in a litterbox and let her poop!  She's adorable and lucky to have you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008 09:22:54 PM »

That's a really cute bed...uh...litter box?; love the fabric and the (now detached and squished) pompom. I think pets just have an odd way of appreciating the things we give them. It's so nice to hear your rescued that girl and are taking care of her and appreciating her the way she deserves!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008 09:42:32 PM »

You thought she was timid but she was trying to tell you she's a princess and deserves more than the other cat. I can't believe you made the pattern up yourself! It's perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008 09:51:31 PM »

What a wonderful little gift (on both ends!). The bed looks very comfy and she just proved that by leaving you a gift. And high five for saving a sweet little tortise shell! I have one of my own that came to me during a storm all bloodied and spooked and she has become the queen of the house. I hope she warms up some more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008 09:54:08 PM »

Lovely bed, I can't believe you made that!  It's brilliant.  And your cat is just beautiful.  I rescued my cat who was in a similar situation and she's my baby. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vintageburlesque

If I stop sewing I will cease to live.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008 10:25:51 PM »

Firstly I can't believe that a cat was going to be put to sleep just because the owner was moving away.  That's awful.  As I write this one of my cat's is playing with a hair clip of mine and chasing it around the sitting room.  I love my cat's to death (I have a mother and son).

This cat-bed-come-poop-house is lovely and I love the fabric as well.  You did a wonderful job with just a pattern-in-your-head and I'm impressed so well done you  Grin.  I don't think she meant to poop in it - was probably a wee bit nervous considering her situation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
angeltreats
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008 11:59:42 PM »

I did a double take when I saw this because your Josephine looks so much like my Pokey!

Funny enough, Pokey also had a lovely furry bed that she thought was a litter tray - the only time she's ever 'gone' anywhere but the litter tray.  We had to take it away from her and now she just sleeps on our bed, at my feet.

I really like the bed you made!  Maybe she will get used to it eventually.  Perhaps you could put a blanket or something in it that smells like you, so she will associate the smell of the bed with comfort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

newyorkdoll
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008 12:31:45 AM »

She's such a beautiul cat! I love them so much, I just think they have such personalities and have such spirit. She looks si introspective. She's so lucky to have you! Overpopulation of animals is so sad, I wish I could adpot all of them who need loving homes.
Anyway, I LOVE this. Sometimes kitties "go" on things to mark them as their own. Usually they urinate on things because that has the most scent, but I bet she's just nervous about new her new surroundings. Thre fabric is AWESOME.
Did you use some sort of form inside of the sides so that it stays, like cardboard or anything? Or does it just stand up on its own?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008 03:30:59 AM »

This is so cute!!  My roommates cat just had kittens and I've been thinking of making a bed like this for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Handmade Portraits: Mabel Pike
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Wreath Artists Reveal Their Work
How to Make Handmade Stockings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...