A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dayton Area Craft/Thrifting  (Read 18896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lissalush
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2006 06:23:18 AM »

I'm still wanting to get this going! There hasn't been much activity with the group, but I have talked to a few people about doing a local show for the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linlovesflowers
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2006 10:07:41 PM »

The craft mall you are talking about is actually in West Carrollton and the name is The Cranberry Cupboard. It is off 725 on Alex accross the highway from Interstate Ford. I've had a booth there for many years.  Lin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saralynne
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2006 07:07:41 PM »

I want to make sure all the Dayton Area crafters saw my other post about the Tuesday Craft Nights that I'm going to start hosting at my home.  Grin

Here's the Thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135561.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmpressofUnderbed
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2007 10:27:16 AM »

Kelly & All,

I live in Troy, but go to College in Springfield and graduated from Northmont, and I've got a few lesser-known stores to mention here for everybody. Most of these places don't have a website and aren't registered online anywhere, so I'll type out directions.  Cheesy
     In Springfield there's a very well-priced (i.e., almost cheap) fiber arts store called "The Yarnsmith", which is open on Mon, Wed, Fri from 11 to 5, and to 8 on Wed. when we have our knitting club (which is free, so please give us a try!) The Yarnsmith also has raw materials for spinning and felting in beautifully dyed colors- this raw wool really IS cheap. This store specializes in yarns you won't find anywhere else, from local providers. Amy (store owner) makes quite a bit of it herself. Also notable is the $1 yarn bin, which usually has great yarn, and enough to knit a sweater. To get to the Yarnsmith's, take 1-70 to Springfield/Cedarville exit and turn right from the exit, towards downtown Springfield. Continue on this road (South Limestone) until it intersects W. McCreight Ave, and turn right onto W. Mc. This should take about ten minutes. There is a Speedway gas station to your left, and a drug store on your right. After turning right on W. Mc., keep going on this street until you go around a large bend in the road. You should soon see a bar on your right. The Yarnsmith is almost directly across the street on your left; if you pass the skate park, you've gone too far (but just by a minute or so.) Also noteworthy in Springfield is Crafts 2000, just across from the mall and the hobby lobby, both of which can be found online.
      In West Milton, I highly recommend a trip to Wertz's. The sign technically advertizes it as being a hardware store, but don't be fooled; they've got an entire back wall of yarn which is very well priced and hard to find in the Dayton Area. They specialize in felting yarns. Just across the street is a store called 'Really Cool Stuff', which is an independant artist's co-op store. It usually has more jewelry than anything else, but is worth a visit. Wertz's opens by noon and closes (I think) at five. Both of these stores are on West Milton's main street, so just look up directions to West Milton and you should be spot-on.
      In Troy I have found three crafty spots, but all of them are average to expensively priced. The first is a scrapbooking store located on East Main Street, around the town circle. The second is located on West Main Street, and is called Ewetopia. It's a rather exclusive yarn 'shoppe', and can be expensive, but it carries a very nice recycled sari silk yarn that I have yet to find elsewhere, and a beautiful selection of merino that lends itself perfectly to lace knitting. They also sell Kidsilk Haze (which is expensive but worth it for a good lace project) in a variety of colors. The owner is very helpful and can offer advice on both knitting and spinning. The third place in Troy is a bead shop off of North Main Street, over the bridge and just past the high school. It is on the right side of the street, and shares a lot with a dog kennel. I don't know the exact name because I'm not a jewelry artist, but went to visit once on principle and was impressed with the selection- no two beads are the same, and most are handmade.
      I will probably add to this list as I think of more little 'hideaways' to reference. Hopefully, I will see some of you around!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tindad

knitting keeps me sane.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2007 12:19:28 PM »

hey dayton craftsters.  I'm volunteering with a GirlScout fundraiser at camp whiporwill.  I had an instructor set up for embroidery/ needlepoint, and i think it isn't going to work out.  I haven't heard from her in months.

Anyone interested in helping out and teaching a class?  it isn't till Sept 16.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2008 08:06:51 PM »

For anyone interested Hara Arena is having their library sale this weekend. Tomorrow Sunday is the last day but it is a $1 for all you can carry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Short Hair Like Emma Watson
How to Get Smooth Hair in the Summer Heat
Getting A Salon Style Blowout At Home
3 Hairstyles That Look Great Wet or Dry
Princess Roll Hairstyle Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...