A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Son of a SNB Help Please Argyle Scarf :)  (Read 1042 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

newguyslover
« on: May 14, 2008 08:54:40 PM »

I am trying to do the son of a snb argyle scarf that looks so neato but I am having trouble starting it I have never double knitted before and it says to co 58 sts with the mc and then it's says something about the foundation row and to k1 mc and p1 cc but em' I suppose to do the main color first and cast on the 58 stitches and then later on add the cc or I am suppose to co them both although the pic shows only the main color....Thanks so much I hope that it's okay if I write this here and if this makes any sense. Thanks so much!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenla1979
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008 06:02:17 PM »

I am making this right now!!  You cast on in your main color, then when you knit your first row, you knit a stitch with you main color, then purl a stitch with your contrast color, just adding it on when you purl that first stitch like you would if you were changing the color on a new row.  Then, the next row you start following the chart, and for every stitch you knit, you purl the next stitch with the opposite color, which creates the opposite knit side that is the opposite colors as the side you are working.  Like with mine, I am using black as my main color and pink as my contrast color.  So the foundation row I worked my first stitch with black, then added on pink and purled the next stitch, then knit black, purl pink, so on and so on.  Then when I started working the chart, on row one I worked a knit stitch in black, then a purl stitch in pink, then knit pink and purled black for 13 stitches, then knit one black and purled pink, then knit pink and purled black for 13 more stitches, then knit black and purled pink.  Once you get the hang of it it's really easy but it's just getting used to how double knitting works.  I hope this helped!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch Out a Manga Couple
How to Create 3D Graffiti
How to Write Graffiti Letter E
How to Write Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...