A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jack Sparrow, Boba Fett, Roy Mustang!  (Read 8790 times)
Tags for this thread: x_files , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artoo1121
« on: May 14, 2008 07:32:31 PM »

Alright guys, I've been a little quiet here lately, so here are some pics of my newest creations!
Here's our newest creation, Captain Jack Sparrow!  I think he has the most accessories on him out of any of the characters we've made so far.  He's pretty crazy looking with so much stuff, but I think he looks perfect!

I think his hair is my favorite part.  It has so many beads and baubles and stuff in there.  His hat and jacket can both come off too--I wouldn't recommend taking the bandanna off, I hear Jack doesn't shampoo his hair very often.

And here's another guy we finished a while back, Boba Fett!

He's almost completely sculpey-based, with just his body being amigurumi and his belt being felt.  The boyfriend, as always, did the sculpey work, and I think it's amazing.  The helmet can come off too.  Here's a detail on one side of his body:

And lastly, Roy Mustang, from Fullmetal Alchemist!  I wasn't sure that an anime character would turn out very well (because Leela was such a mess), but I think he's adorable!  I'm so happy with how he turned out.  We're working on an Ed Elric right now, I can't wait until he's finished!

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot!  I have a free pattern on my blog for a spice weasel lip balm cozy (it's not as confusing as I make it seem, I swear).   Here's the link:  http://geekcentralstation.blogspot.com/2008/04/spice-weasel-pattern.html
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008 07:37:30 PM by artoo1121 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my store, Portrait of a Penguin!  Learn the history of the ancient penguins!

Come check out my blog, Geek Central Station!
babygator
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008 07:39:14 PM »

These are so awesome.  I am new to crafting, and I think yours are just GREAT!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008 07:48:27 PM »

As always, simply adorable.
I love checking back to see what new creations you have made.

I'm hoping that we like some more of the same shows because I would love to see some from Buffy or Firefly (Jayne!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artoo1121
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008 08:06:03 PM »

As always, simply adorable.
I love checking back to see what new creations you have made.

I'm hoping that we like some more of the same shows because I would love to see some from Buffy or Firefly (Jayne!)

Firefly is coming!  I have all of the bodies done, Mal is completely done, the rest just needs their coats.  I marathoned some episodes today, for inspiration, of course, so I think I have their costumes down.

I love Buffy, but I'm not sure I'm going to do them--they don't really have iconic clothes, where you could look at them and say "hey, that's Buffy" or "that's Xander".  I wanted to do Mulder and Sculley, but my boyfriend said "they're just two people in suits! They won't look like anything!".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my store, Portrait of a Penguin!  Learn the history of the ancient penguins!

katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008 08:06:29 PM »

freaking cool.. i love the jack sparrow! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tina522
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008 08:54:08 PM »

So awesome.  Your work is incredible.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArtFiend
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008 09:04:43 PM »

I've been loving all of your work, but Jack Sparrow gets my vote for "Best Yet".

This rocks - click!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayhook
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008 09:06:01 PM »

Great Capt. Jack! My good friend used to get paid to paint Warhammer miniatures, and yours and your boyfriend's attention to detail totally reminds me of her.  Smiley
Firefly is coming!  I have all of the bodies done, Mal is completely done, the rest just needs their coats.  I marathoned some episodes today, for inspiration, of course, so I think I have their costumes down.

I can't wait for Firefly characters!!!  I bet an amigurumi Reaver could look pretty intense...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is too short to refrain from eating jam out of the jar.
http://last.fm/user/heartofaharmony
puccaLOVE

^^ I like cute things!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008 09:09:28 PM »

Awesome i love them, so kool, you are an anime fan?!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<(^.^)> hug !!!
artoo1121
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008 09:13:24 PM »

Awesome i love them, so kool, you are an anime fan?!!!!!!

Yeah I am!  I was so happy when someone contacted me to make Roy--she said she wanted an anime character, and I said oh gosh, this could be bad, but when she said she wanted a Fullmetal Alchemist character, I was so happy!  I love Fullmetal.  I am so happy I get to do an Ed too.
I would also like to do Ouran people, maybe, or I thought Suzumiya Haruhi would be cute.  Gankutsuou is probably my favorite anime, but it would be near impossible to do anything from that.  Their costumes are absolutely amazing and crazy in that anime.

Anyway, thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Cook the Shrimp and Beurre Fondue Sauce
Learn how to Make Grits for Shrimp and Grits
Learn how to Make Shrimp and Grits
Learn how to Plate the Chicken Breasts with Grits and Orange Remoulade
Learn how to Prepare Grain Mustard Orange Remoulade
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...