A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 301,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's your dreaming-big craft project?  (Read 705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happify
« on: February 02, 2005 04:50:06 PM »

I've been thinking about it, and I find that I normally have plans for a bunch of different projects all at the same time, ranging from easy-peasy-five-minutes to probably-never-gonna-happen.  I'm just curious about the crafting projects you're thinking of that are not happening in the near future.  Maybe you're making a hand-embroidered crazy quilt for your queen-size bed but you faint at the sight of a needle.  Or you've started saving up dried rose petals to wallpaper your room with.  Anything!  Dream big!  And tell us how far you've made it on each one.  Inspire us!

Julia

Mine include:
1.  A Victorian/Queen Anne/something curvy style curved back loveseat upholstered in pinks/oranges or lime greens, with classic lines and caster on the wheels.  I've got the basic design down, have a source for the legs, and know the mechanics of keeping it from falling apart. 

2.  A large satin/silk rug in variegated colors.  I've started collecting the fabric.

3.  A floor lamp with curving arms with papery lanterns hanging from them.  I know how it should look and where the wires need to be. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beachcomber

All washed up...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005 03:47:20 PM »

Iv'e got a huge 8 foot pole I found washed up on the beach and I'd love to make it into a beach themed totem pole, not nesesarily carved, prehapse just decorated in sections, with oyster shells that collect rain water and wooden stars fixed on so they will spin and maybe copper fish on wires that "swim" in the wind.....but thats as far as I've got Undecided. The trouble is it's so flipping heavy I think I'm gonna have to plant it in it's final position and decorate it in situe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005 08:27:33 AM »

My huge lined cloak that reminds me of Vlad Dracul.

Making a canopy for my bed made with black fabric and glow in the dark fabric paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005 09:09:25 AM »

I started a thread crochet bedspread.  It's hexigons with a pinwheel effect.  I'm about 1/4 done,  but i haven't touched it in about 3 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pickledkitty
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005 10:09:51 AM »

I would really like to make a latch hook rug with chunks of silk that are about an inch to 2 inches thick. Like the flappy leather rugs in high class joints;p But it will take a while to collect all the ingredients.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yosei
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005 01:00:46 PM »

Making a patchwork quilt out of the handwoven squares( actually, 6"x12" rectangles) I make with the small portable loom I built out of some branches trimmed off a shrub in my yard.  I once had it halfway done and left the bag in the DMV where someone apparently swiped it.  I'm about 1/4 of the way done on the second attempt, but other projects keep intervening
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sara_

supa*BLING*ing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005 09:11:23 PM »

beachcomber- a beach themed totem pole sounds awesome!

I'm working on a renaissance faire costume.  I've almost finished the chemise, just the corset, skirt and accessories left.

And I want to make a cute fleece hoody.  Something like this:

(someone was selling this on ebay, i use ebay for inspiration)
But with less cutesy fabric, still cutsey but not SOO little girl-ish.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 04:04:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rest in Pieces by Bess Lovejoy
Chemical Garden Trilogy - Sever by Lauren DeStefano
Oleander Girl by Chandra Divakaruni
The Demonolgist from Andrew Pyper
Fran Byrne Performs His Poems "Nerve Cell" and "Science Soulmates"
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...