A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charleston area crafts???  (Read 3424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arrhythmia
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009 09:10:45 PM »

1watermonkey - Great information! Thank you! I'll have to go on a recon mission to find this!! I've heard of the quilt store too...but haven't gotten around to hunting it down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suzyyy29
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010 09:44:34 AM »

Hi! I know this is an older thread, but I thought i'd go ahead and respond!
The best place to cotton fabric is People Places and Quilts.  There are two locations, one in Summerville and one in Downtown Charleston.  I've been to both and I personally think the one in Summerville has a wider selection.  Also, there is a yarn store right across the street!

I would definitely recommend PPQ.  They have designer fabrics, books, notions, everything you need.  They also have a Janome showroom where you can test them out and what not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been a shoeless cobbler for as long as i remember and i'm always having trouble staying put.
arrhythmia
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010 11:07:51 AM »

suzyyy29 - Thanks!!! I haven't been over here for awhile and just found your post. I'll have to check them out. The one fabric store Walmart just closed here :-( The only fabric store I've found so far that has much of a selection is in West Ashley...the Hancocks. I'm glad to hear of another place. I love to check out machines too! I need another serger sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatiesDiddies
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010 07:53:05 AM »

This week I noticed a fabric store next to the "old" Walmart in Mt. Pleasant! I'm not really sure how long they have been there or what sorts of fabrics they sell.  (Please, Please don't say it's just an upholstery fabric/ GDCish store!)

I just saw the sign... but will be stopping by this week.  Does anyone have any info about this store? I don't even remember the name of the store (sad, I know).  I had 2 kids in the car and we were desperately trying to get everything together for our school supply lists! 

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010 07:03:25 AM »

There is one over that way that does have upholstery and heavier weight fabric. It looks nice if what you are making is bags, etc. Also, they have a few lighter weight pieces that are more along the line of gauze etc. The ladies who run it are great and might special order for you.I'm not sure if this is the one you meant, but if not, I'll be on the lookout for it.

The Walmart with fabric that remained up in the Northwoods mall area is gone now...:-( There is a tiny sewing place that seems to be mostly quilt and machine oriented over by Salon Capelli area...new to the area but I think it's off coleman. I still make the trek over to West Ashley to the Hancocks when I need fabric. Let me know if you find anything more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatiesDiddies
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010 09:41:03 AM »

Thank you for the scoop! I will definitely be stopping in to meet the ladies.  BPicky is the store on Coleman. They have upholstery/curtain type fabrics... by looking at their prices they are might proud of their product.  I dropped in the other day and the ladies working there BARELY said hello... then again, I did still have on my slightly damp bathing suit and well worn shorts and an old tshirt.  They were probably trying to get me out the door so I didn't ruin anything.

There is a wonderful store on Coleman, closer to the bridges in the same center as Locklears (great lunch prices, btw) that has great patterns and fabric.  They teach sewing lessons, always have what I'm looking for, and are SO nice.  Just in case anyone else out there is looking!

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010 01:50:46 PM »

KatiesDiddies - Thanks....I'll have to look for  the wonderful store on coleman. I'm still on the lookout for something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

drgdlg
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011 07:59:25 AM »

The WalMart in Summerville on Dorchester Road still has fabric!!

I'll have to check out that store on Coleman Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog-- http://www.weeshare.net!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Romantic Loner Short
Saving and Recovering Your Photos in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Ken the Eagle from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
How to Draw Master Croc from Kung Fu Panda 2
How to Draw Marty from Madagascar 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...