A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with a pattern - I think there's an error but I'm not sure  (Read 315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sassenach_Mel

Weasley is my King

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2008 06:00:31 AM »

If someone can read this part of a pattern and let me know if they think there's an error, I would appreciate it. It's for the front left piece of a baby sweater.

"With CA, ch 22. Work in dc same as back across 20 sts until 9" from beg, end wrong side row; turn."

Now, the back was worked in dc across, then turn, ch3, and dc across again, working a dc in the top of ch-3 at the end of the row. I'm assuming that I need to have the turning ch3 with this front piece as well, AND work a dc in the top of that ch-3 when I reach the end of the row, but it doesn't say that.  If I don't do it, it's starting to look a little wonky.  I'm only on the 3rd row of this, so I can still take it back to the foundation row if I need to, but I just want to make sure.  Should I be working it exactly as it says or should I just assume it's the exact same as the back piece was?

Sorry if that was an elementary question, obvious to someone else, but at 6am this morning (was killing time before I left for work), it just didn't make any sense to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for those rubberband bracelets for causes! PM me!
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008 06:10:38 AM »

I don't think there is a error here - what they want you to do is make the first 9" of the front piece the exact same way you made the back piece but working with only 20 stitches on this piece (I assume the back is wider)  If the back said to ch 3 and work a dc in the top of that ch 3 later, that's what you do - exactly like you did the back.  What the designer has done is just saved herself/himself from having to type out the exact same instructions over again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Worst Dressed at 2014 Golden Globes
Best Dressed at 2014 Golden Globes
How to Rock a Perfect Stylish Workday Outfit
How to Perfect Your Après-Ski Style
Top 7 Fashionable, Winter Products That Will Keep You Warm
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...