A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You don't need much when you have a great space! (image heavy)  (Read 5315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 13, 2008 06:45:09 PM »

I'm really pleased with my apartment. The space itself has such a unique look that it doesn't need a whole lot of wacky decorations. It was also pretty darn cheap to decorate. Here's a breakdown:

Lettering on the wall: Quote is from a Charles Wright poem. It's done in contact paper so about $7.

Couch: Thrifted for $50 + about $20 for the materials to create the dark brown facade columns (to cover up some cat damage)

Coffee table: Thrifted a long time ago. I'm tempted to paint it, but also afraid.

Black wicker chair: New from Pier 1 ($69)

End tables: Made up of two old melon crates that my parents have had forever. $3 for paint. I got the idea of using the National Geographics as part of the decoration from a blog and they work perfectly as a weight to stabilize the end tables. Even better: I got them for free (tip: get to know your used book sellers)

Yellow tv stand/vintage radio and turntable: Thrifted for $35. Yes. $35. That is pure luck. The speaker in it is dead and I can't for the life of me understand how the radio works, but the turn table still turns and it came with an Al Jolson record. And there's a storage cube that's perfect for DVDs and CDs. Long range plan: take out the old dead speaker, put a new one in, hook my iPod up.

Bookshelves: Free. The taller one next to the TV came from the same used book seller who helped me out with the NatGeos.

Counter Stools: $30 each from Target. This was the biggest pain in my butt. I had no idea how much stools cost... I figured like $15 each. Wrong.

On le wall: Shadow box was $7 on sale at Michaels. I kept all of my prom corsages and put them in there (it's hard to see in this picture). Dried flowers give an old fashioned vintage feel that I love. The mirrors and prints were all either thrifted or discovered in my parents house.

I hope you enjoy this space as much as I do!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008 06:50:52 PM »

i love how the big words opn the wall stand out.  Grin
completely lovely

Knitting = my love <3
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008 07:07:15 PM »

Fantastic! What a great space, geez I wish my kitchen was as big as yours, lol. Great find on the tv stand too.

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's

On a scale from 1 to awesome...I'm the ish!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008 07:09:16 PM »

I really love it!  It has an awesome vintage feel to it.  I wish my apt had an awesome set up like this!!

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008 07:17:44 PM »

AMAZING SPACE!!! Wow on all accounts. You did a wonderful job, and I'm jealous!!!

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008 10:01:16 PM »

Wow, lovely space. I'm jealous of it really. Although, I could never pull it off... I'm such a messy person!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008 11:46:27 PM »

that is a neat tv stand

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008 05:56:55 AM »

I love, love, love the wall with the quote! It's an awesome accent and really breaks up the space. The tv stand has me drooling as well. I have an affinity for yellow furniture. I am so jealous of your apartment, and you did a great job with it!
Wist Stalker

Boxers are the clowns of the K-9 world

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008 08:11:37 AM »

I am incredibly jealous right now.  I love, love, love brick walls and what ever that is around the bottom of the walls (cobblestone, maybe)!!!!  I think it has a very lodgey old english sort of feel and I LOVE it! 

Oh yea, did I mention I LOVE it?

I ask for so little...just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Boxers are the BEST!!!
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008 12:10:36 PM »

You do have a great "great" space.  I too love that console!!!  Wonderful what you've done to a fantastic space!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie
How to Make Pecan Pie With a Gingersnap Crust
Behind The Scenes - Gelato Messina
90 Second Farmhouse Applecake
3 Fun and Flaky Baklava Facts
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...