A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 9 Gallery  (Read 21198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkie_poh
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2008 05:15:01 PM »

First things first: Welcome back summerluvin! I was sorry to hear your mum was sick, but am glad to hear she's doing better Smiley And send my thanks to Harry for being so sporting about helping out with this...also, pinch me for just saying 'sporting' O_o

Second things second: Stuck to my dirty, dirty mailbox, awaiting my return from work this evening...a delivery notice! I rushed to the post office to get there before it closed, and lo and behold, my swap package! It is entirely possible that I did a happy dance in the post office, but I will leave it up to you to decide whether it actually happened or not Tongue While I was ripping open the tape to get to the goodies inside, I thought to myself...I should probably take pictures of everything all nicely wrapped up...but totally didn't.
And thus, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: The Goods! (And what wonderful goods they are)

A craft bag! I am definitely going to use this when I go to visit my parents this week (4h train rides demand things to occupy me O_o) Tons of space for my lap quilt and maille supplies, and check out the nifty fabric!

The Big Book of Cross Stitch! There are some mighty cool projects in there...as soon as I can get my hands on some dark blue aida cloth, I think I'm going to make some Japanese scatter cushions...great patterns ^_^

The Friends and Family Plate! Decorated and sealed with a lovely poem..I'll be sure to use it carefully, then pass it on! **Note: If I can ask, what sort of marker/sealant did you use? I'm thinking if maybe I could add my name onto the backside of the rim of the plate, keep track of where it's been?**

A needle roll, complete with three crochet hooks! In the same awesome fabric as the bag, too ^_^ I've been looking up crochet patterns/instructions online; these will for sure be coming with me on my trip

A kleenex cozy! Lined/detailed with the crafty fabric, will definitely make good use of it!

Oh! But what's that inside the kleenex cozy?
Jewellry!
A bracelet with shrinky-dink charms -- Chinese paper lanterns and kanji symbols (love, happiness, and good fortune) -- which fits perfectly ^_^

A great necklace with African-esque glass beads

And two pairs of earrings -- a beaded pair to match the necklace, and a pair with shrinky-dink sparrows (very cute!)

Action shot of the sparrow earrings -- Sorry it's blurry, my camera kept focusing on my bedframe and not me, for whatever reason

And finally, a picture of everything all together, looking awesome Smiley

Summerluvin, you spoiled me! I feel like I didn't send enough stuff >_< But I put lots of love into what I did send, so I hope that makes up for it Smiley
Thanks for being a great swap partner, good luck with your future swaps, and an early congratulations on your wedding! Best of luck!

-Pinkie

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2008 05:39:01 PM »

awwwwww I love the shrinky dink bracelet
those lantern charms look so darling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
pinkie_poh
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2008 06:02:13 PM »

They ARE! It's like she KNEW I live in Chinatown ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerluvin_ca
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2008 06:46:18 PM »

I am so thrilled that you received it already. Harry thought the guy said tuesday would be delivery. I'm so happy that you enjoyed everything. The plate was actually a kit that the Easter Bunny brought for me. I think he got it from Walmart. (less than $5) It's already treated and it came with a package of markers for the plate itself. After colouring on it you basically buff it with tissue. It is completely usable and washable.

Okay...so since Pinkie has officially received and posted I have officially opened the box! I dare say that I loved the caricatures that were on the box. I can't draw a stick man!

Without further adeaux....

I open the loverly box to find on top

okay, no problem i will wait to read it last....

I carefully explore into the presents to find

My very own Kleenex Cozie! I'll be honest with everyone here...Pinkie has some wonderful sewing abilites. We must have been thinking on the same wave length because I made one for her. (although the one that i made frustrated me so...) i just couldn't figure out the tute. I tried to wing it.

I totally love it!! The fabric is like a pinstripe suit. It rocks.

Digging further into the box, lo and behold what do i find....

A beautiful journal that pinkie made for me. The colours are gorgeous and i love that it is blank inside....i can put it to so many uses. My girls want to have it for their drawing but this is all MINE! I will be using it for future swaps (once everything calms down)

Take a look at the inside...

Awesome job. I have no clue how to do bookmaking so this is wonderful.

But wait a second there is more!

I will wear Red with Purple. I love this purse that you made. The strap is perfect length as I tend to wear my purses with the cross over strap. The fabric is Red with purple floral details. The lining is reverse with a perfect little pocket! I can see that I will be using this tonnes!

and the inside!

What i did not realize right away was that there was something tucked away in that pocket....

The bracelet is loverly! and after reading the note I want to put your mind at ease and let you know that it fits me perfectly!

Hope that your ears have gotten better. Thanks for the tip about the mini balloons!

Awesome partner you are!

Mandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/summerluvin_ca          I WIST!

http://bitsandpiecestoo.blogspot.com     MY WEDDING BLOG
Karaoke
Can't sleep. Must craft.

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2008 06:50:47 PM »

Yay! My package arrived today! 

Here is everything:

I got two necklaces a cool Steampunk-y one:

And another that somehow only ended up in this one, clutched in my hand:

It is plaid with a gold coin and skull bead center.

I also got this rocking headband:

And my favorite piece, an amazing tote bag with skull and crossbones detailing!

I also got a cool Canadian key chain:

Which was kinda cool because I'm pretty sure I didn't tell her about my love of foreign currency.

I also got a pin that refused to be photographed that reads "Corporation of The City of Guelph"
It seems as mysterious as the button that made its way into my package to PixlePup.

Anyway, This was really great!  Thanks so much PixlePup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2008 07:13:05 PM »

These packages all look great ladies!

I love the shrinky charms, all that steampunk jewelry and that journal. Awesome crafting. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkie_poh
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2008 07:29:24 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything summerluvin!

Karaoke: That's one awesome bag you have there Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewFixated
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2008 10:05:45 PM »

What awesome packages!  I need to buy some shrinky dink paper and make something.

I'm not sure who hasn't received yet, maybe DTF and Ambiguous, but please check back to see what I am going to send to Skababy (her partner flaked).  I hope ~~crosses fingers~~ to be done this week and mail it by Monday.

Skababy:  Did you take pictures of the stuff you sent to Cane?  We would love to see what you crafted!  ~~thinks to myself...I don't think they were posted~~

Have a great week and don't forget Father's Day is coming up!  I'm not sure what I'm going to make for my dad. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2008 10:19:47 PM »

Something to remember when sending off your swap packages...if you sent your partner a package and they flake, PLEASE try to remember to take pics of what you sent to them. It is more than likely they will not post pics and if you don't either then we cannot ever see the lovely things you sent to them.Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2008 05:45:17 AM »

The shrinky sparrow earrings are adorable.  I just might have to borrow the idea and make a pair for myself.  Very nice crafting everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips on Relaxing African-American Hair
How to Maintain Hair Extensions
A Guide to African American Hairstyles
Short Hair Styles for Women
How to Find the Perfect Hair Color for You
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...