A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Low budget wedding  (Read 10367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jamlinrich
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008 12:48:15 AM »

I got my dress, a brand new with tags Alfred Angelo designer gown from ebay with buy it now for $75.  My tiara, also ebay $16.  What size shoes do you wear? I have beautiful ones I just bought and wore for my wedding last weekend you can have, I'll send you pictures if you are interested.  I also have misc. other stuff I can look at for you.  We were gonna have a big house wedding in our yard and it didn't work out.  I even have a swan pool fountain for pete's sake.  Try Oriental trading company and look at their wedding section.  They have nice enough things for very inexpensive (I like that better than cheap).  We are total geeks too so I understand.  I think the more you make it about you and less about everyone else, the better off you'll be.  If you're not careful you'll wake up one day, completely overwhelmed, frustrated, confused and realizing it stopped being about what YOU wanted a long time ago.  I also found that food and photos were the most expensive so if you've got photos down, that's one.  the second is plan it in mid afternoon, after lunch but before dinner so you aren't responsible for a big thing.  Then there is always a pot luck which people don't  mind.  Best of luck sweetie.  From someone who just finished it all last week, remember, it's all about the two of you and making you happy. Nothing else matters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hecate621

Knitting my way out of boredom.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2008 04:49:36 AM »

oh, and im walking down the aisle to a star wars song. and we are having a super mario bros. themed wedding cake. were nerds, if you catch my drift!  Cheesy at least thats the plan. who knows, maybe ill get into it and want a fairy tale wedding.

Ha!!!!!
That's the moment my fiancee and I knew we were meant to be together.. when I told him I had a life size cardboard cutout of Chewbacca and wanted to walk down the isle to the Imperial Death March.

I did get into it though, and gave up the Imperial Death March for the theme song to True Romance.
Chewbacca remains.. he's guarding the cake.

My future sister in law is getting married this year, her budget was around 600$. (not including rings or honeymoon)
Honestly, all she's paid for is the dress and the tux. Everyone else is donating time, food, space etc.
Here is a tip -
Instead of buying fake flowers, or fresh ones.. plant some flowers or pretty vegetation that will bloom around the time of your wedding. Ask your friends and family to plant a few of those flowers too. (It also takes care of everyone and their brother's uncle's cousin twice removed wanting to help, just ask them to plant flowers!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So he finds her in a sprawl,
woven deep in memories revisited and reworked.
The scars get covered up with cherry blossoms that never felt as soft as this.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Macaron Gift Box
Homemade Apple and Cinnamon Pie Recipe
How to Make Chocolate and Cherry Fondants
How to Make Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
Fried Banana Dessert Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...