A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not your typical wedding invites... not a typical wedding.. black & white  (Read 3292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

islandfly
« on: May 28, 2008 07:27:16 PM »

here are my invitations that went out... try to imagine them in black and white. I had to take the pics without flash, so the colours are distorted  Embarrassed, but they are black and white.

We are having a very intimate ceremony with only immediate family and close friends, then going to honeymoon, and the following week having a reception for everyone else. Thats why there are 2 sets.

These are the ceremony invites printed on laser printer, I forget the name of the paper, but i wanted to show the shimmer it has. 4 invites per A4 page, which i cut and then taped with double sided tape to a black linen type cardboard back. It was labor intensive so thank goodness I only had 15 to do!!

the shimmer paper

completed invite

and here are the "reception" invites that I had done by a commercial printer, and maps which I printed on laser printer.

the invitations.

the map - Thanks to sweets4ever for the heart idea on the map.

I think in total it came up to about $1 each.
Comments?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
four-eyed_girl
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008 07:55:33 PM »

beautiful. if i even get married i'd want to have some like yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katie, your local 4-eyed girl
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008 05:00:08 AM »

Oh, wow!  They turned out beautifully!  I love the little leaf designs you added -- very elegant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
thekster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008 08:51:19 AM »

I think I already posted a comment about your cards on the other thread, but oh well. These are very pretty! I'd be really excited to get these in the mail.
Where'd you get the paper? I bought from a website called Paper Source, I think and the service was fantastic, but the paper I bought wasn't the right weight so I had to just scrap it. Does one of your invites say "Regrets only" at the bottom? And did you use photoshop brushes to make your invites? Those viney things look familiar. If they are, you did fantastic. I tried using them to make invites and mine just sucked haha.
In any case, these are beautiful and well thought out, IMHO. I wish your family was being more supportive of your wedding, but you've got support from moi, just fyi Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
islandfly
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008 04:59:58 AM »

thanks for the compliments! I was feeling really self conscious about them, since everyone else around here goes with the typical invite set, these are REALLY different.

thekster.. for the big black and white one.. a graphics artist friend helped...we downloaded the image off of shutterstock.com, I think I typed in floral grunge, and she messed with it a bit untill I liked it. I'm not sure what the name of the font is for our names and regrets. I have my phone # below regrets only. The event is waay small.. and I knew most people were coming, so I opted for regrets only, instead of RSVP's. I sent the design to a commerical printer and I think they used a 50LB linen cardstock... I think..

the other one, with the shiny paper, is a vellum, paper, and the black peice is a linen cardboard, that I got from an artshop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008 05:28:42 AM »

I don't think you should be self-conscious at all!  Mine were black & red and rolled up! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
thekster
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008 11:17:34 AM »

Ohhhh I just now got what you meant by "Regrets only." I was like "What? Regrets? I hope you have no regrets about marrying him!" haha but then I realized you meant for the people who couldn't come. Gotcha.
So, if people don't call, you're just going to assume they're coming? Or are you going to call each person and see?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

islandfly
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008 01:42:28 PM »

Ohhhh I just now got what you meant by "Regrets only." I was like "What? Regrets? I hope you have no regrets about marrying him!" haha but then I realized you meant for the people who couldn't come. Gotcha.
So, if people don't call, you're just going to assume they're coming? Or are you going to call each person and see?

no I'll just assume everyone coming.. its only about 35 people and see most of them usually anyway, so those I might not have seen in a while, I called after the invite was delivered just to see if they got it, they like it, what they thought etc etc.

My only regret was from one friend 2 months ago!! who is in quito and won't be able to make it Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008 02:49:22 PM »

Aw, well that sucks that your friend isn't coming, but it's awesome that out of all the people you invited, you only have one not coming. That'th Thuper! Mannn all these invite posts have made me realize I really need to get on the ball and make ours already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Popcorn Stitch
Pottery Making: Learn Throwing
Pottery Making: How Does Glaze Firing Work
Pottery Making: How Does Bisque Firing Work
Pottery Making: Useful Tools
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...