A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: breakfast ideas??  (Read 4418 times)
Tags for this thread: salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

go_green_28
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008 07:07:58 AM »

maybe a yogurt parfey (if u want toast w/ jelly or peanut butter

your fav yogurt
granola
fruit

or a bagel w/ cream cheese

smooties

THIS ROCKS   Logged
peasoupsays
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008 09:18:48 AM »

My son is pretty picky so I try to sneak as many healthy items in as possible.

One sure thing is to make a big batch of pancakes once a week *usually on weekends for us* and pop them in the freezer once they've been cooked and cooled.

I add everything and anything to the pancakes: milled flaxseeds, bran, bananas, applesauce, yogurt, and I always use soymilk to add the extra omegas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
go_green_28
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2008 10:38:33 AM »

breakfast burritos                     YUMMMMMMMM Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyred

Livin' high in Alaska......and lovin' it!!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008 11:23:14 AM »

Here is one of my family's absolute favorites: Impossibly Easy Bacon Pie (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=35316&Source=SearchResultPage).  It is super easy to make and you can make adjustments as you'd like (i.e. ham or sausage instead of bacon, swiss or Monterey Jack instead of cheddar, more onion/garlic, add mushrooms/peppers, the possibilities are limited only by your own tastes and imagination) and I promise the kids won't notice the eggs (my son and I don't like eggs either and we'll devour this "pie" in no time flat).  I will make 3 or 4 over the weekend and then save in the fridge for quick breakfasts through the week, they keep very well and the kids can walk out the door to catch the bus with a hot breakfast in hand!!!  Win-Win.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed be.
gingeranneshop
Costume Designer At Large

Idle hands tend to start making art out of junk.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008 06:17:43 AM »

I am not crazy about breakfast food, and recently when I was on a higher protein eating plan, I came up with this a bastardized (lazier) version of some Rachel Ray thing caught in a doctor's office...

Heat some PAM over medium heat in a good size non-stick skillet (10 inch works pretty well). Once hot, pour in either beaten egg (one will do) or enough EggBeaters to coat bottom of pan to about a quarter inch (I was using the just whites version and it was still tasty). Sprinkle INTO the cooking egg a little grated cheese of choice, herbs, salt, salt, pepper, even cooked meat or deli ham... whatever you want. No need to stir.

Before the egg cooks entirely, flop a whole grain tortilla (you'll like the nuttiness... it actually makes the dish more filling) onto the top of the egg mess, so it sticks. The desired cook level is when you can gently push the tortilla around and everything slides with it. If the tortilla slides by itself, you're not done yet.

Spray a little PAM onto the tortilla and then, and this is the tricky part, flip the whole thing over- my dog came to love playing breakfast roulette as to whether I was awake enough to master the flapjack flip- and let the tortilla crisp a little. Slide off onto a plate and you can eat it like a burrito or with knife and fork.

The whole thing takes less than five minutes and the protein carried my grown self well into the morning and I burn through cereals and toast within an hour. You can serve a little fruit or whatever else with it, but it is savory, and filling and delicious, and that "egg" texture that your children may be balking at (she inferred from personal experience) is a non-issue because it is spread so thin. Its especially yummy if you can get the cheese to toast.

And clean up is EXTREMELY easy...

And there's always grits...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008 09:10:03 AM »

MMmm.. I'd take the eggy-cheesy-tortilla-flipped breakfast over grits any day!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bastelmutti
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008 10:23:39 AM »

My daughter and I are not too hot on a lot of breakfast foods on a daily basis either. We often eat heated up leftovers or boil up some frozen Asian dumplings. How about soup when it's cold outside? Or just a plate of cut-up fruit/vegetables with some cheese and toast/crackers? I also make simple breakfast burritos with whole wheat tortilla, beans and cheese (and salsa).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008 12:21:43 PM »

gonna try the bacon  pie and the torilla flip thingy.  grits are a no go for sure.  I have recently made a "deal" wiht her. she either eats them when shes told  (1 once a week)  or she gets eggs for every meal till she does eat them. I personally just am tired of the same old few meals all the time.
breakfast wedgesare fantastic for quick on the run meal in a hand, we like breakfast burritos sometimes, but the jimmy dean breakfast casserole  has been the biggest hit so far. maybe cause its different maybe cause its really good.  works well.  thanks  everyone  for all the input.
oh and fresh fruit is used often now too. altho that doesn't stay with them long.
one has begun enjoying a bagel here and there the other is well,,,, I'll be nice and just say too stubborn and hard headed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
gumpsgirl

Don't Worry It's just Me....

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2008 11:55:22 AM »

There is a great baked oatmeal recipe on Allrecipes.com.  My daycare provider makes homemade oatmeal with cut up apples in it.  The kids love it and stay full longer.

Jenny
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naughty is Nice!
yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008 01:09:26 PM »

Maybe they would drink smoothies. It's a good way to give them fibers and fruits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Great Flashlights
Making Coroplast V-Flats for Backdrop
Using Light and the Setting in Your Photograph
Awareness of Shadow in Photography
Understanding Light Exposure in Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...