A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moons over my... err... pammy?  (Read 525 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allnaturalpam
« on: August 15, 2008 06:13:26 AM »

I'm new here. I made up this version of the "Moons over my hammy" from Denny's because my boyfriend wanted to see what I could come up with using turkey instead of ham. He likes this version better than the one at Denny's, and it's super easy to make.

I usually use a griddle and a frying pan, putting them on the two front burners of my stove.

Ingredients:
Two slices of THICK bread (I use Texas Toast... it's a big sandwich)
A couple of slices of sliced turkey (I usually just buy oscar mayer "deli cuts")
1/4 cup Egg Beaters (I use the cheese and chive version most often, but original also works well)
A slice of reduced-fat colby jack cheese
A slice of swiss cheese.
Butter
Cooking spray or oil to grease the pans.

Start off by putting cooking spray on both pans so that nothing will stick, then turn on both burners.
Butter both slices of bread on one side only.
Put the 1/4 cup of egg beaters in the frying pan. Don't scramble. While cooking, try to shape eggs into a square about the size of the bread.
Put a piece of bread onto the griddle butter side down. Put the reduced-fat colby jack on top, layer the egg beaters on top of that, put the slice(s) of turkey on top of the egg beaters, put the swiss on top of the turkey, then the other piece of bread, butter side up.
Flip the sandwich over. I use the side of the griddle to help the sandwich stay together, and kind of use my finger so that I don't make a big mess.
Toast each side of bread until desired.

Enjoy!

If you make more than one, I recommend making them one at a time and putting cooking spray on the pans before each sandwich, to ensure that nothing will stick.
~pam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008 01:27:45 PM »

Too funny...I remember going to Denny's late at night in college, and ordering this.  The name always made me feel really stupid, so ordering usually consisted of me pointing at the menu to get this sandwich.

Good idea to make it at home.  Are egg beaters an egg substitute or are they actual eggs?  Also, do you just kind of smush the eggs into a square shape or do you fold it over on itself like an omelette?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Doggie Bag Tote
How to Make 3D Felt Flowers
How to Knit a Blanket
How to Knit a Hat
How to Knit a Joke Condom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...