A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat Walking Jacket  (Read 19886 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , cat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dmbgirl41
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008 12:41:34 PM »

I love this! now- if you could simply tell me how you got your cat IN this- I would be convinced to try & make my cat one! She looks obedient here, but she would not tolerate that cute little walking leash! Sad Also, we rescued our cat & we don't know what kind she is- do you think she's a Bengal type like yours? idk if you are cat smart like that. I can't tell!
Oh I love your idea & I so want to take my cat for a stroll. Also- I think the fabric you chose is awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
dmbgirl41
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008 12:47:53 PM »

ok so I just looked up Bengal- n/m totally not my kinda cat. But anyway- I really really love your clever idea!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
funtobewith
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008 12:53:35 PM »

Awww... I have friends with Bengals, they walk without leashes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
lucybug33
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008 01:26:10 PM »

that is just awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheriffkarli
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008 01:41:33 PM »

That is wonderful! I would love you forever if you made a tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008 01:51:00 PM »

Thats adorable!  Both the kitten and the jacket.  My big cat squeezed out of his harness all the time.  I'm going to have to try something like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008 02:00:23 PM »

ok, first off: omgcute!!! Cheesy

i have a question about the design - why the L shape? is there an advantage to that? I currently have my cat walking in a ferret harness, but its not the most stylish of harnesses so I wouldn't mind trying something like this...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008 02:04:30 PM »

i have a question about the design - why the L shape? is there an advantage to that? I currently have my cat walking in a ferret harness, but its not the most stylish of harnesses so I wouldn't mind trying something like this...

I am wondering about the "L" shape myself. I think it may be for comfort around the belly area. Perhaps kitties are more sensitive to that than other critters.
I think you did a lovely job and the fabric looks fine. It's not a floral, it looks like a stripe to me. Stripes are masculine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedplanet
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008 02:27:02 PM »

I am wondering about the "L" shape myself. I think it may be for comfort around the belly area. Perhaps kitties are more sensitive to that than other critters.
I think you did a lovely job and the fabric looks fine. It's not a floral, it looks like a stripe to me. Stripes are masculine. Smiley

The L shape allows for maximum adjustment. I was dubious about it too - another reason why I wanted to make one to see what Tesla thought before I tried to order one. Seeing it on him really helped. When it's in an L, you can make it so that it can so that the fabric wraps all the way around the body at it's smallest size, and then just gets bigger from there. And no matter how you adjust, the buckles are always at the side. It makes it much easier to get it on the cat, since you're not having to fiddle with the snaps being under the tummy. It's easy to put on and adjust, but it's also a little bit more secure than a regular harness.

I think it's masculine too! But because it doesn't have the third buckle at the bottom, it sort of flares out. When my husband saw it, he was like "Oh my god, did you just make my cat a dress?" But he was pretty impressed with how well the design worked out and how comfortable the kitty was with it.

Thanks so much for all the compliments - I will sew another one soon and can make a tute then if people like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilacprint
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008 02:45:36 PM »

Wow, that's adorable! It looks very professional, great job. Your cat is beautiful too, I love it's name!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Product Photography
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Portraits
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for People-In-Landscapes Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Panorama Stitch Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Night Portrait Scenes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...