A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: baby/childrens blanket along  (Read 20949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2009 09:35:02 PM »

grammar_gremlin welcome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2009 04:22:04 PM »

my new toddler blanket i am working on cause i am stressed roar.
it's going to be be variegated, pink, variegated, yellow, variegated, blue, variegated, orange, repeat these are the colors in the variegated along with the dark blue and dark purple. i just dont know what i am going to do for a border yet.

i like how my blanket indents the peaks where the coats and clark ones doesnt http://www.coatsandclark.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=19&page_id=10749696&query=tulip&hiword=TULIPS+tulip+ i wonder if my is orginal enough to be considered an independent pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamaedgar
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2009 02:47:31 PM »

i LOVE that blanket!!!  i'd say it might just be different enough to be considered an idependant pattern from the original.  the colors are great!

here is the blanket i have been working on ..... and another one that I finished (well haven't done the edging yet!)

current work

finished blanket

close up
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009 08:48:51 PM by mamaedgar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #203 on: June 07, 2009 01:18:01 PM »

mamaedgar i love love love the cable's blanket i've been wanting to make one every since i made rheatheylia cable hat great work with both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Turtle Momma
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2009 08:32:40 AM »

I thought I found this thread too late. But then I checked the last post, and wow, this has gone on strong for a long time!! That's awesome!! I've become totally hooked(pardon the pun) on making baby blankets!! I always have good intentions, but I get bored easily!
Here's a couple pics of what I've managed to complete!!

The top one took about 3 weeks. The bottom, leftover round ripple, took less than a week!

Now, I've started a solid colored ABC one, I'll post a pic when I get a few more rows in!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Turtle Momma
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2009 03:21:32 PM »

I tried, and tried and tried again to make the ABC blanket. I got frustrated, and decided to do this one instead! For a momma who doesn't know if she'll have a boy or girl this time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2009 08:47:30 PM »

Ooh, I love what's been posted since I was here last!  ZellaBella, I can't see your pattern (looks like the site is busy) but I love your interpretation!  So bright and pretty!  Mamaedgar, yours are so delicate and beautiful as always.  I especially love the cables.  Turtle Mama, the star afghan looks great--the colors are something different, and will work great for either a girl or a boy.

I said I would post some of my own afghan pics a lot sooner than this, but I couldn't find my camera cable.  So here are my completed baby afghans to date.  All have been cooperative efforts, with my mom and grandma each contributing some blocks to the effort.  I also make some blocks and do all the bordering and assembly.

Our most recent, a frog-ghan.  Made from Simply Soft Quick, Simply Soft Brites, and Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist.  Patterns for the interior blocks were mostly from the Internet, and some were made up by my mom on the fly:

Bearghan we made about 1.5 years ago.  Made from this pattern with a variety of scrap yarns and Simply Soft: http://yarncrazy.googlegroups.com/web/bearghan.pdf?hl=en&gsc=CLeK1wsAAAAbbuqVRnsgITdSfGCu1R7C (this pattern was also the inspiration for my frog-ghan).

Our first sampler, made about 3 years ago.  Most of these blocks were made from patterns in the book 200 Crochet Blocks.  Yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2009 02:46:27 PM »

How cute!!!  I love the frog-ghan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2009 11:19:59 AM »

Thanks, Trekky! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TShanafelt
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2009 11:57:46 AM »

Hi guys! I'm back again.

Here's the blanket I'm working on now:

It's being made with Lion brand's Pound of Love yarn in pastel yellow. I'm using a I/size 9/5.5 MM hook.

I found the pattern on http://yarn-diva.blogspot.com/2008/02/starghan-edited-finally-got-counts.html. There's even pictures showing how the first four rounds should look. This is, IMHO, the easiest starghan pattern I've ever found.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hilary Weisman Graham on Her Book Reunited
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Sequels: Do You Need to Read the First Book?
M.O.M. (Mom Operating Manual) Book Trailer
“Big Blue Ball”: A Poem Read by Amy Brenneman
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...