A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: baby/childrens blanket along  (Read 21337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftygem
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2009 09:46:59 AM »

very pretty so far zatanna and TShanafelt!  i need to get a new progress pic up here soon!  once again, im out of yarn.... but my mother in law said she was gonna try to stop by AC Moore for me today.... especially since she's the reason my blanket is more colorful than i planned.  in addition to the white yellow and black i planned on..... she has also gotten me a bright blue and orange.  looks pretty cool all together.  however this blanket is just gonna be ginormous!  ill post new pics soon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a roller coaster...... enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wists.com/craftygem
ZellaBella
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2009 03:14:52 PM »

finally i got the yarn i needed today i can do a modified version of this blanket http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/jasie.html in dc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2009 09:19:40 AM »

I've finished a few more blankets:

This one reminds me of toothpaste:

I really like the purple in this one:

(I posted this one on the round ripple CAL thread)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2009 09:22:12 AM »

Now that is progress! I really like the sort of ladvendarish color, it's really pretty. What sort of edging do these have on them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2009 09:44:32 AM »

It depends on how much yarn I have left, but I usually just do a few rounds of dc for the edging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2009 09:47:52 AM »

Alright, so I made a bit more progress this weekend while at a party. I didn't feel TOO anti-social, because people were playing Wii and stuff, and I was able to chit chat along, because now I am verrrrrry used to what stitches I need to do now hah!

So it's looking a little off-center. I think bc it's 100% acrylic, I can not block it. Is there anything else I can do, or should I just not stress out too much about it? The off-centerish is the middle...the edges look a little weird in the pic, but that's mainly because they are curled up a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2009 10:05:16 AM »

Figured I'd join you guys since I finished making my first baby blanket for Project Linus and have started the second.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3284548015_2867d3754f.jpg

Sorry for the bad camera phone picture.  I made this using 2 strands of Lion Brand Wool-Ease held together throughout. It's very thick and soft.  The pattern was simple, fun, and fast.

The one I'm making now is in Chicago Bears colors, and the pattern is a big "no holes" granny square from a Leisure Arts book "Snuggle Squares."  I'm on round 17 of 43, but of course they're getting progressively larger.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 02:05:04 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2009 10:20:04 AM »

I will have to look up these no-holes granny squares...are they hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2009 11:01:10 AM »

Nope, not hard at all.  It's the same thing.. just takes a little longer.

It's a lot like this pattern (http://www.geocities.com/alyssa5000/jane.html).  In fact, exactly like it except the corners.  My pattern alternates from:

(2dc, ch1, 2dc) in corner stitch

to

3dc in corner ch1 space.

It just changes every other round to make the corner holes happen only every other round.
And obviously you just keep going in the same manner instead of finishing off at the end of that pattern. Tongue

I love granny square blankies, but I think these are a tad more baby friendly since there aren't hundreds of holes for fingers to poke through Smiley

Yours is really cute Smiley  As far as it being off center, I think they tend to straighten out more the larger they get, especially after they're washed.  So don't fret too much over it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dmbgirl41
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2009 01:13:08 PM »

So it's looking a little off-center. I think bc it's 100% acrylic, I can not block it. Is there anything else I can do, or should I just not stress out too much about it? The off-centerish is the middle...the edges look a little weird in the pic, but that's mainly because they are curled up a bit.
It looks to me that you have the same thing goin' on as my friend Amy. I taught her how to make granny squares, and everyone she does has a little turn to it. I went over everything with her, and she is doing everything exactly as I am. We can not figure it out. I think her squares are still beautiful, and that is like her signature, a little turn to her square. I think yours is wonderful too (I love the colors) don't worry about it, keep going!! The beauty of handmade items is that everyone's is a little different, a little turn to your granny square maybe means your not a "square" person Smiley Good job. Don't worry about the ends curling, mine curl too with a little smoothing & over time they will lay down more Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009 01:15:11 PM by dmbgirl41 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mally Roncal’s Instant Face-Lift?
Can Eyeliner Give You an Eye Lift?
Dudes Attempt A @Mac_daddyy Makeup Tutorial
Home Remedies for Acne
A Month Without Makeup; One Girl’s Quest to Find True Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...