A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: baby/childrens blanket along  (Read 21170 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2009 06:26:27 PM »

Looks pretty....very fluffy! I think I am going to start on mine tonight. I think I have kept putting it off because I am nervous that I will mess it up, but I just need to take the plunge so I am not having to finish it totally last-minute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2009 06:30:43 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Snowballs1.jpg
Alright, here's a picture posted. Sorry it's a bit small. The camera wasn't cooperating with me.  Smiley I've actually added about six or seven rows since this picture was taken, but this gives you a pretty good idea of the stitches. The stitches used are single crochet (for the front and back popcorn stitches) and double crochet (for the shell stitches).
Working through a row on this blanket is pretty fast once I've built up a good rhythm.
Hope you enjoy!   Cheesy
looks very pretty so far cant wait too see more when your cam is working with ya lol mine is funny like that too though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TShanafelt
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2009 04:42:13 PM »

Posting my progress. I had to stand on tiptoes to get the full blanket into the shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2009 05:31:20 PM »

I love every ones work so far, I started a blanket for my daughter last month and would love to take part if that is ok , I will post later this weekend with my progress.
 it is all in pinks and a double crocheted ripple pattern.  I am making it very big for her bed so it will grow with her,  I would like to finish by her 2nd birthday at the end of april.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2009 11:23:59 PM »

Def. show us your stuff, EKO! The more people that post the more I am given the push to work on mine hah.

So I finally started mine, woo! I got some work done on it today, and then due to a miserable performance at a magic tournament, I had even MORE time to work on it.  Cry

As you can see, I indeed went with the ginormous granny square route. This will be my first 'real' completed item (excluding simple 1 stitch scarves and little 1 stitch accessory things). I am doing it on a G hook in 'I Love This Yarn', which was the softest 100% acrylic yarn I could find. I am using Sea Blue, Mid Green, and Linen...I figure those were soft enough colors for a baby without screaming BABY.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2009 02:23:15 PM »

TShanafelt lovely so far i just got asked to make a baby blanket in white as well (but white white)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2009 02:29:04 PM »

zatanna but it's fun to scream baby especially when it's real quiet people give you the most interesting looks and cross the street!

looks great personally granny squares bore me to death crocheting them but i love how they look i tried making a granny square blanket for my daughter but it came undone (it was many squares crocheted together not a gaint one like you are doing)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2009 02:30:11 PM »

I love every ones work so far, I started a blanket for my daughter last month and would love to take part if that is ok , I will post later this weekend with my progress.
 it is all in pinks and a double crocheted ripple pattern.  I am making it very big for her bed so it will grow with her,  I would like to finish by her 2nd birthday at the end of april.

then you'll be with us for a while Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2009 10:20:00 PM »

looks great personally granny squares bore me to death crocheting them but i love how they look i tried making a granny square blanket for my daughter but it came undone (it was many squares crocheted together not a gaint one like you are doing)

Yeah...I had considered doing multiple squares and putting them together, but I was worried about sewing it together. I figured the granny square was the best bet b/c no sewing, no gauge, easy color transitions, flexibility in determining the size. It's a wee bit boring, but I feel good about not having to worry about it turning out gross. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2009 09:17:00 AM »

Yeah...I had considered doing multiple squares and putting them together, but I was worried about sewing it together. I figured the granny square was the best bet b/c no sewing, no gauge, easy color transitions, flexibility in determining the size. It's a wee bit boring, but I feel good about not having to worry about it turning out gross. Smiley
*nods* go the safe route unless you have time to make another is my motto  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Weeknight Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
Maple French Toast Recipe
Meatless Chili Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...