A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 305725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mandypooh66

omg, i LURVE that movie

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 08, 2006 03:54:45 PM »

We had our prom two days ago (May 6th) and i made my prom dress. i worked on it thursday for like 5 hours, then had a track meet friday and worked on it for 2 hours when i came back, then i spent almost 2 hours working on it DAY OF prom..kinda stressful, but i really liked how it turned out and nobody else had anything like it so i was happy. it was one of my first dresses that i made too, so yea... here are some pics:

and this one just for fun:

(and by the way, look at this HUMMER limo..isnt it nice?? it was expensive tho...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 08, 2006 04:24:48 PM »

Mandypooh66 - that is a really cute dress!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
charmcity
« Reply #1062 on: May 08, 2006 04:29:50 PM »

Your dress is beautiful and so are you!  Great job!!! I hope you had a blast at the prom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #1063 on: May 08, 2006 04:30:20 PM »

mandy pooh, I LOVE your dress, especially the ribbon that goes around it. it's beautiful. was your neighbor taking prom pictures too, i see someone all dressed up in the background  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
whyislife
« Reply #1064 on: May 08, 2006 07:32:24 PM »

Mandypooh66- that dress is gooorgeous! great job! nice procrastinating too  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheEverFalling

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 08, 2006 08:10:42 PM »

Mandypooh... wow that dress is GORGEOUS! I can't believe it took you so little time. Was there a pattern or anything? Wow.. and you look lovely in it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That doesn't make sense to me. But then again, you are very small."~Treebeard
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1066 on: May 09, 2006 08:49:14 AM »

That dress is beautiful. The lace adds just the right amount of intricacy to it without it looking too overdone or too simplistic. I love the hemline as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 09, 2006 10:33:16 AM »

lovely
THIS ROCKS   Logged

actoneends

I don't want to be an adult.

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 09, 2006 02:47:42 PM »

wow, i posted on here almost a year ago... and i'm posting again now.. who know this thread would last through two Westby Proms (the art majors fundraising prom).  last year i used a burday pattern, this year, it's Butterick Retro '57, so that's Butterick B4512

hopefully i'll be able to finish the dress in the next two weeks...  cross your fingers for me!

and here it is!  the prom was on cinco de mayo and we had Matt & Kim play!  if you don't know them, you need to!

and these are my dates...  unfortunately, my boyfriend was the one taking the pictures for the prom, and i didn't get one with him... but that's ok, cause my dates are cuter!

oh, and it was a plus size pattern, but i'm a size 10...so i had to cut it down to size...only the top was too long for me, so i got some funny bunching.  and i added the bow, it's actually sewn on... i hope someone took a pic of my bum, cause it's super cute! (the bow, not the bum)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/thatjennagirl">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a>
Amie_C
« Reply #1069 on: May 14, 2006 06:20:22 AM »

Wee! I went fabric shopping with my mom on Sunday and found the perfect fabric for my prom gown. Teal (blue interweaved with green) silk dupioni.  ::drools:: It also happens to be impossible to photograph.  Angry

I'm making Simplicity 5237, with a few alterations:

The bottom hem of the top dress will extend all the way down, over the tulle, and at the waist, there will be a pleated inset that looks some what cumberbun-ish (I saw something similar on a dress from Black Market White House).

I finally finished my dress, four hours before I had to leave to go to my friend's house for pictures.  Grin It turned out great, and no one had a dress that looked anything like it. I love the wonders of sewing your own things.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy-to-Sew Mittens With Molly Ringwald
How to Make a Paper-Vinyl Wallet
How to Make a Butter Sculpture
Mesquite Tree Used for Woodwork in Texas
How to Make Homemade Lanterns
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...