A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 302236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nacblbbff

I "heart" LINKIN PARK!

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 23, 2005 08:58:48 PM »

nacblbbff! the dress looks incredible! nice job Smiley

aw thanxie! cant wait to make another Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Chole~*~
actoneends

I don't want to be an adult.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 24, 2005 12:57:40 PM »

here we go, this is the first time i've put a pic of something i've made up...i'm not so great at the pictures in the mirror thing yet, but no one was home to help me!  

now keep in mind that it's wrinkled..i need to iron it, and once i do, it doesn't fold in in the center like it is in this pic
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/actoneends/cake1012.jpg

here are my shoes....

and i felt bad that the camera was blocking my face so here you go...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013 01:10:06 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/thatjennagirl">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a>
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: April 24, 2005 01:05:11 PM »

hehe...that's really cool. Love the shoes (and the dress of course) keep up the good work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
GreatBallofFire
« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2005 01:35:52 PM »

I bought the shoes today. After two weeks of shopping and 15+ stores in two different cities, I finally found some shoes with non-square heels and straps that don't crush my dwarf pinky toes! yay!
So, now the hemming of the dress will commence. That intales measuring for lenght (thanks mom!) sewing on hem tape and hemming over 20 feet of black jersey knit. woo hoo *she says sarcasticly* I can't wait to finish it!
By the way, AMAZING JOB EVERYONE! YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Knitting Journal
www.sticksnloans.bl ogger.com
upperclasstwit42
« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2005 04:48:51 PM »

I just went to the fabric store today to get stuff to make my vest and bowtie.  I dont know if i have the faith in my sewing skills though.  We'll see how it turns out in the end.  i have about a month to make it all.  the best part is that i don't have to rent/buy anything other than the fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nacblbbff

I "heart" LINKIN PARK!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2005 04:55:05 PM »

I just went to the fabric store today to get stuff to make my vest and bowtie.  I dont know if i have the faith in my sewing skills though.  We'll see how it turns out in the end.  i have about a month to make it all.  the best part is that i don't have to rent/buy anything other than the fabric!

cool! good luck!!! hope it turns out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Chole~*~
mayerlove
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2005 07:11:21 AM »

OMG i wisj my bf could sew. that would be funny to see him try though. good luck kid! i'm sure it'll turn out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
imnotasuperhero

you know i'm not a super hero...

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2005 11:17:45 AM »

I guess I'm going to prom again this year, even though I graduated last year(and only went to my senior prom because my friends threatened to tie me up and drag me), but it just so happens the The Boy is still in highschool so off to prom I go.  The upside: I finnally am getting it together to acctually make my dress this year.
I've only got two weekends to make my beautiful creation because The Boy only found out when it was happening last night.  He called me and said "Oh, Prom's  on may 13th, I hafta go, bye!" and hung up, leaving me rushing for a calender thinking 'that sounds really soon' and it is.  So out the window with grand ideas about foofy skirts and loads of ruffles, I just bought a couple yards of this gorgeous purple brocade and I'm going to use a pattern I got for a sundress a while ago(mcalls 4444, I think) I should be quite pretty.

side note: Prom on Friday the Thirteenth, that makes me giggle a little bit....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for clear safety eyes (15mm or 18mm)
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2005 12:09:46 PM »

ooo brocade? I wanna see how that comes out imnotasuperhero.

hah. I just totally scrapped my original plan for a dress and am making a floor length black cotton 1/4 circle skirt. (it's simple, quick, and quite pretty, imo.

For a top I found this KICK ass (and affordable) faux leopard fur.. so the top is gonna be some simple black spaghetti strap with leopard fur down the sides Cheesy

and a black monster fur wrap.

I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
nacblbbff

I "heart" LINKIN PARK!

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2005 05:02:26 PM »

wow...two weekends? good luck...and good luck to everyone on their dresses...everyone loved my dress and said they couldnt tell it was me in the pics haha...thats prob. not a great thing! lol....so good luck and have a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Chole~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Curves like an Architect
Could you be an Architect? Part 1
How to Letter with Lead
How to Be an Architect - Part 7
How to Write Like an Architect
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...