A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 302102 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Sundance Kid
85 yr old granny in a tasty college girl body

This girl is crafty like ice is cold!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2005 07:59:45 AM »

That dress heartstoppingly gorgeous.
Do you mean like an ascot? Because your post has got me thinking that it would be the sweetest thing in the whole wide world if my date would wear a pink crepe backed satin ascot. Oh, shoot. . . Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://spaces.msn.com/members/meanlittlebird/
--My msn space. blog. bitchfest. thing.
mayerlove
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2005 04:15:34 PM »

well i was going to make my bf a matching vest and tie, but we decided not to look too well put together. so he ordered his w/ his tux in my accent color (ivory). when i was searching for a pattern, though, i remember simplicity had some at www.simplicity.com . i dont remember the numbers though, sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
alisasaur
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2005 08:13:34 PM »

well, girls, i committed the most awful crime of all & sold out!  i bought a prom dress.  i let time slip by, and i went to parisian and found the most perfect dress.  i'm not too worried, though, because the dress i bought is exactly what i want.  and besides, i am making my purse & found fabric that matches it!  also, i will get married one day & will have time till then to develop my sewing skills...i'll make my dress for my wedding! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Sundance Kid
85 yr old granny in a tasty college girl body

This girl is crafty like ice is cold!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2005 08:39:13 PM »

well, girls, i committed the most awful crime of all & sold out!  i bought a prom dress. 

Run away, alisasaur. Run away and never come back. Angry

Just playin', darling. Be sure to post a pic of you and your (I'm sure) fabulous matching bag! What is the purpose of stuff like prom if you get too stressed out about it? Just have fun!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://spaces.msn.com/members/meanlittlebird/
--My msn space. blog. bitchfest. thing.
cowsgoMOO
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2005 09:16:48 PM »

so i've finally finished the dress i've been making for my sister. i don't really like how it turned out but i guess it'll be okay. it was my first time using a pattern and it left me very confused, but i eventually figured it out. i used : http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4712.htm?tab=&page=1

thanks for looking :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.

"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2005 10:40:52 PM »

so i've finally finished the dress i've been making for my sister. i don't really like how it turned out but i guess it'll be okay. it was my first time using a pattern and it left me very confused, but i eventually figured it out. i used : http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4712.htm?tab=&page=1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/s2_bryan_s2/dress001.jpg

Looks good! I think it'd help to see it on someone, though, hint hint Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008 01:44:51 PM by kategirl - Reason: Please remove the [img] tag when quoting pictures. Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
mayerlove
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2005 07:03:51 AM »

looks good! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
nacblbbff

I "heart" LINKIN PARK!

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2005 08:15:33 AM »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/s2_bryan_s2/dress001.jpg

wow...thats nice....cant really tell much about it tho really....need someone wearing it!!!!  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008 01:44:34 PM by kategirl - Reason: Please remove the [img] tag when quoting pictures. Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Chole~*~
nacblbbff

I "heart" LINKIN PARK!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2005 08:25:36 AM »

did my trial run on my hair yesterday i love it! well my dress is gettin closer and closer to being completed!!! half the hook n eyes are on the top ... n almost finished hemming all the skirt layers...thats a lot of hemming to do!!!! lol...good job on the dresses y'all! my prom is the 22nd of april...next weekAH! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Chole~*~
cowsgoMOO
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2005 01:21:09 PM »

Looks good! I think it'd help to see it on someone, though, hint hint Grin

wow...thats nice....cant really tell much about it tho really....need someone wearing it!!!! Grin Grin

sorry i don't have the dress w/ me anymore and didn't get any pictures of her wearing it. i'll be sure to post pictures of it when i do Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.

"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Panoramic Plates - Shake 4
How to Track Obscured Points - Shake 4
How to Use Smooth Cam - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Soften Skin - Color
How to Animate Text on a Path - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...