A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
846 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 297138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CosmicCarrot
« Reply #1300 on: March 04, 2008 08:25:37 PM »

Just finished my prom dress!

*pictures.*

You can see more details on the post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=231641.0.

this

equals

LOVE.

fo' serious.

so i may be ditching the making my own dress. my mother found one at a thrift store for nine dollars that's pretty sweet. i may alter it. or buy a real one. or make one. who knows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
lizzlexo
« Reply #1301 on: March 06, 2008 03:31:51 PM »

This is my first year going to prom!
I'm only a sophmore so i deffinetly dont want to spend the time or money on making a dress
(or buying a new one)
My G-ma use to own a dress shop in the late 70's so she has like 4 dresses left over and there is this black one I LOVE! it supa cute but some of its sequins are falling off and the bow has faded Sad I'll deffinetly have to alter it and lose 10 pds.

I've also already have ideas for making my dress next year!

I'm really excited Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're navigators, we're aviators, eatin' tators, masturbatin' alligators, bombardiars, we got no fears, we shed no tears, we're pushin' the frontier of transcedental perception.
Happychick
« Reply #1302 on: March 07, 2008 08:51:50 AM »

Heavily inspired by a previous poster (no prizes for guessing who!) I started on a lacy dress. It's definately inspired by rather than copying from, as I've used the lace quite sculptedly (haha, I invented a word too Tongue), but thanks for the inspiration skarinja!

Anyway, my right boobie is done, all handsewn. I'm just hoping it fits me as well as it does the dress-form!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ecinahs3000
« Reply #1303 on: March 08, 2008 02:38:25 PM »

I'd like to join! I've only got the boning in the bodice lining, but it
a start. Can't wait to see what everyone else is making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purevitality
« Reply #1304 on: March 09, 2008 08:44:51 AM »

ALRIGHT! Yesterday I went and got my fabric/pattern. At first I wanted to design my own but... it's just junior prom. And I've never done anything THIS advanced before. So, I'm following pattern V2929. I'm eliminating the contrast fabric, and doing it all in a nice shiney appricot.  I love the movement of the dress.

But now I actually have to start working? What?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
whyislife
« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2008 01:18:55 PM »

wooo! i bought my fabric on saturday. my dress is costing me about... meh i'll round up and say $30. i have a chocolate-y brown lining under 2 layers of a teal blue chiffon (it's about this color http://www.beadfx.com/images/mipl12t015.jpg ). today i just bought some sheets to do a mock up and hopefully this weekend we're going to create a dress form. im beyond excited!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skarinja
« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2008 02:32:51 PM »

Heavily inspired by a previous poster (no prizes for guessing who!) I started on a lacy dress. It's definately inspired by rather than copying from, as I've used the lace quite sculptedly (haha, I invented a word too Tongue), but thanks for the inspiration skarinja!

Anyway, my right boobie is done, all handsewn. I'm just hoping it fits me as well as it does the dress-form!

Haha! I said the same thing "GOSH I HOPE THIS FITS ME" and it worked fineee! It looks cute! I can't wait to see it finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
imogen.s
Previously known as imi.

Red lipstick and red nails, all a girl needs.

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 13, 2008 03:24:13 PM »

Prom dress time =]=]
My school has a cruise for the end of the year, and as I live in London it's on the Thames. People usually wear cocktail dresses. I'm completely stumped on how I want my dress...
I'm making my best friend's dress, which is basically a simple strapless dress with lace details, based on this dress I made:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222227.msg2397117#msg2397117

I want something a bit different, so I was thinking, I could do something similar to that purple dress, but in a more formal fabric. Or I could do something completely different.
Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman."
-Coco Chanel
ecinahs3000
« Reply #1308 on: March 14, 2008 12:50:48 PM »

The lining is finished! Check the blog: http://swstitches.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whyislife
« Reply #1309 on: March 14, 2008 05:25:54 PM »

My school has a cruise for the end of the year, and as I live in London it's on the Thames.
the river THAMES! like in Heart of Darkness
sorry Undecided we just read it in my AP lit class. i hated it and everything reminds em of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set White Balance Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Underwater Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Timer Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sunset Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Spot Meter Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...