A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 303980 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Under_the_Rose
« Reply #940 on: March 08, 2006 04:50:34 PM »

i really love that you wore your converse in place of heels...thats very clever Grin the dress turned out lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I myself, am Heaven and Hell
marie_antoinette

I <3 Lon Chaney Sr.

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 09, 2006 12:55:55 PM »

thank you!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheWorldFamous

Gotta Love Me Cuz I'm Famous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: March 09, 2006 12:58:42 PM »

Definatly enjoyed the converses.  They make me laugh.  A lot of people made that dress (I did, too), and it's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rechungred
« Reply #943 on: March 09, 2006 01:28:09 PM »

Chucks rock my socks! They really do, I have orange ones. Definitely my fav sneakers ever.

Last year my friend's girlfriend dumped him right before his junior prom tickets went off sale, so I went with him. I ended up dumping him too (haha, the jerk!), but I still like the dress I wore. I designed it, and constructed it with the help of my mom.

^Most people would be saying "Oh... I'm so pale!" ...like that's a bad thing. I'm a redhead, if I weren't pale, it would just look weird. :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkdiva
« Reply #944 on: March 09, 2006 02:06:42 PM »

Pale is gorgeous. And you are stunning rechungred. I love your dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss American Pie
« Reply #945 on: March 09, 2006 03:12:21 PM »

I made my dress for junior prom last year. I'm really proud of it because I designed it myself and I didn't use a pattern or anything. The material is cheap but nice polyester satin.

It took me about a week to make it. I know I should have given myself more time. I will this year. It was really fun to make, and the skirt was really fun to dance in because there's so much material in it and it was so light and billowy. The one thing I don't like about it is the back. I have a pretty unusually shaped back, so I should have spent more time on getting that to fit right. Well, I learned my lesson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marie_antoinette

I <3 Lon Chaney Sr.

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 09, 2006 03:15:28 PM »

Darn, I'm so jealous of people who don't need patterns and their stuff comes out AMAZING!!  Grin
I really like the dress, not a lot of people (myself included) can pull off white.  Lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
socomfyhere
« Reply #947 on: March 09, 2006 03:36:09 PM »

that dress is amazing missamericanpie!!!!  Grin  i made my prom dress last year and thought it was too big of a hassle, therefore i wouldn't make my ball dress this year (junior prom, senior ball...yeah my school's a lil weird but w/e) and your dress has definitely made me think twice about that decision.  could you give us some more details about how you made it? like is there a zipper in the back? and if it's not too personal...what size top do you normally wear?  dresses like that may only look good on certain types of figure, and it's hard to tell from the pic (or maybe i'm just clueless :-p) relatively what size/build you are.  thank you so much! Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss American Pie
« Reply #948 on: March 09, 2006 05:04:50 PM »

Yes, there's a zipper in the back and a hook and eye thingy at the top.

As for my size, I usually wear mediums. Sometimes I buy smalls if I can trust that it won't shrink, but shrunken smalls don't fit me very well. Ha, I guess that's how I'd describe my shirt size. I'm usually an 8 in dress sizes. Sometimes 6. I guess I'm an in-between-er.

Socomfyhere, did you want a full description of the process? Let me know if you do. I'll try to explain how I did it.

And thanks, Marie Antoinette, I liked the colours on your dress too. Bold, contrasting colours don't look very good on me, but you looked great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: March 10, 2006 09:33:24 AM »

Miss American Pie: Did you use shirring elastic of is the top just gathered? Whatever you did, it looks fantastic. You must be very talented to make that without a pattern.

btw Is that pink piping around the waist? I love all the pink accents. They stop the dress having a wedding feel, and give it that sophisticated ball feel instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Boneless Breaded Chicken Leg Cajun Style
How to Make Creole Brown Roux Part 4/5
How to Make Jasmine Rice with Chicken in a Crock Pot
Learn About Oysters
How to Make a Santa Maria Tri Tip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...