A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 320958 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malle
« Reply #930 on: February 24, 2006 04:30:39 AM »

I wanna be a princess...who doesn't  Grin

Hehe...I thought of finding a pattern for  a "plain" satin dress, and then adding those details afterwards...But I don't really know about the "skirt"...it looks like: Satin, tulle, chiffon?

I'm just so in love with it... Grin!
I know I could make an easier one, but we don't go for "cocktail type dresses" here 'cause our prom is so much more formal, e.g. our parents participate, and we dance les lanciers (Think: the dance scene in Cinderella movie with Brandy)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128996/

So I'm definitely going for a petticoat too

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #931 on: February 24, 2006 07:40:38 AM »

'cause our prom is so much more formal, e.g. our parents participate, and we dance les lanciers (Think: the dance scene in Cinderella movie with Brandy)

That's awesome! I kinda wish my prom was like that....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Artemis
« Reply #932 on: February 24, 2006 10:20:57 AM »

Since I graduated last spring, no more proms for me.  But, this summer I plan to be in the Miss Southern Iowa Pagent.  I think it would be cool and give me a bit of an edge against my competition if I make my formal dress. What do you guys think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
htking
« Reply #933 on: February 24, 2006 03:16:58 PM »

Since I graduated last spring, no more proms for me.  But, this summer I plan to be in the Miss Southern Iowa Pagent.  I think it would be cool and give me a bit of an edge against my competition if I make my formal dress. What do you guys think? 

i think that'd be awesome! be like "OOO in your face...i'm gorgeous AND i can sew!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hello there! check me out, more to come: http://ihopesew.etsy.com
htking
« Reply #934 on: February 24, 2006 03:20:04 PM »

....but, since I am a senior, my school makes us have a dress made for may procession/baccalaureate all out the same fabric for every one (this year is "celery" colored french linen. ugh, linen.) so being the crafty one i am, i shall be making mine!

i'm going for simplicity 4990: (the pink/floral style)
since i figure i am more likely to wear one of the pieces again after the events...and i'm all for wearing outfits more than once.

i have never worked with boning or any strapless tops, so this will be interesting.... i shall keep everyone updated!

okay so here's an update.

i got chosen to be the may crowner for my school in the occasion that i would be making the outift for, but the catch is...the may crowner doesnt have to make one, but just a white dress.

so i guess i won't be using that pattern....maybe if another event ever comes up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hello there! check me out, more to come: http://ihopesew.etsy.com
angelfire07
Your Final Fantasy

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 28, 2006 11:03:18 AM »

I need to know if anyone knows where i can find a pattern like this dress because prom is in may and i want to go ahead and buy material and patterns
http://www.morilee.com/Colores.aspx
If the picture doesn't show here's the link:
http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=3&D=943&P=1
You can also see the different colors there.
I like the the victorian coral(the first pink button), the vintage merlot (under the brown button), and the vintage black (under the black button)!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013 01:51:03 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myspace.com/klounyfaery07

1000 Words... They'll hold you forever..
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: February 28, 2006 11:56:09 AM »

I'm not sure but you may be able to adapt Simplicity 8715 and have a simple prioncess line top half and sash
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
sobe
« Reply #937 on: March 08, 2006 03:17:22 PM »

pinklightning, I saw the exact same pattern and i LOVED it! I dont think i am quite experienced enough to handle it. Good luck!! I can't wait to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie_C
« Reply #938 on: March 08, 2006 04:09:19 PM »

Wee! I went fabric shopping with my mom on Sunday and found the perfect fabric for my prom gown. Teal (blue interweaved with green) silk dupioni.  ::drools:: It also happens to be impossible to photograph.  Angry

I'm making Simplicity 5237, with a few alterations:

The bottom hem of the top dress will extend all the way down, over the tulle, and at the waist, there will be a pleated inset that looks some what cumberbun-ish (I saw something similar on a dress from Black Market White House).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
marie_antoinette

I <3 Lon Chaney Sr.

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 08, 2006 04:37:14 PM »

Here's my sophmore prom dress made by my mother.  My date and I had this whole vampire thing going on.

Haha, I used the same pattern for my prom dress as well!

My stupid gloves kept slipping down, as you can see...grr!
Here's me and my guy.  I made his tie to match out of the same material for the back of my dress.

Boy, we're dorks. Grin

<<<edited - Please remove images when quoting other posts.>>>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006 02:01:33 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Freestyle Piecing to Make Original Quilt Blocks
How to Make a Metallic Chevron Serving Tray
How to Make Easy Fabric Floral Brooch
DIY Painted Umbrellas
DIY: Turning Flowers Into Beautiful Works Of Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...