A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promalong - Making your own Prom dress? Join the club!  (Read 302668 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Sundance Kid
85 yr old granny in a tasty college girl body

This girl is crafty like ice is cold!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2005 11:44:10 PM »

Thanks, babe. Uh, that was the fasted reply EVER.
Also, my arms are enormous. Why is that? I mean, seriously compare my arms to my waist. Am I a cartoon character? What the. . .  ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://spaces.msn.com/members/meanlittlebird/
--My msn space. blog. bitchfest. thing.
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2005 02:31:20 AM »

Sundance kid- That looks great.

I'm really pleased cos I've actually got my dress cut out and I've started sewing the bodice, but no piccys yet cos my dad stole the camera (he said he would leave it home this week but he took it anyway Cry ) I'm hoping that the snow ball in december will go ahead (I've allowed myself plenty of time) otherwise I'll have no where to wear it anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
The Sundance Kid
85 yr old granny in a tasty college girl body

This girl is crafty like ice is cold!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2005 08:09:49 AM »

Marble, do you still need a crinoline underskirt? This petticoat------>  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=25389.msg210004#msg210004

Is quite easy to make. With a little ingenuity, you could lengthen it and add layers. Or you could buy one, but- c'mon! they are incredibly expensive and we are craftsters!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005 10:03:12 AM by The Sundance Kid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://spaces.msn.com/members/meanlittlebird/
--My msn space. blog. bitchfest. thing.
mayerlove
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2005 08:15:06 AM »

it look great, sundance kid! i agree w/ wizkid about the dart problem! Smiley good luck w/ the real one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2005 12:09:32 PM »

Thanks Sundance Kid, I may use something like that. I've made the dress a little shorter to make it more practical but will need something underneath it still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2005 11:29:16 PM »

Prom on Friday! Wow, ours is May 14th and I thought that was early!
Of course you can join, let your mother show off her crafty skill too!

hey, mine's may 14th too!! balls around here are early... one high school had junior prom before spring break, another school's senior ball is next friday, the 15th. i *thought* i had till my ball to worry about getting my dress done, but then my ball date asked me to his ball on friday, with a week's notice... i've given up on getting the other one done in time, so i'm taking this dress http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?s.item.B6534=x&TI=10003&page=5 (exactly like the pink one) that i made soph year, changing it to a halter since it still fits, the straps are just too short, and wearing it to his ball. i've already worn it to a christmas dinner, so my date's already seen it, but boys don't remember these things. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreatBallofFire
« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2005 06:59:12 PM »

My dress is almost finished! I got it all together and did't like the way the top looked, so I tore it all out (grrrrr), and now it's going to have to be topstiched, which upsets me. I'm too much of a perfectionist. I hope to fix the top and put in the zipper (invisible, wooo hoooo) tomarrow night. The hemming has to wait until I buy shoes so that I get it the right hight. Now I need to convince my bf to go shoe shopping with me (he has a hight complex). I'll be posting pics soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Knitting Journal
www.sticksnloans.bl ogger.com
indigo flower girl
« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2005 06:41:29 PM »

Well I stopped needing a prom dress the day I decided not to go to prom... but I'm having so much fun watching the promalong progress.  There are some beautiful dresses on here!

Sundance - I think, no drape.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
battersea
Confidence-a-plenty

One awesome album artwork, if I say so myself.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2005 04:39:28 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31646.0

Well, that is the link to my prom dress.  As I said earlier, my mom made it for me.  When I went to prom, everyone loved it. I loved it, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If Hanes new t-shirts are tagless, then why does the side tag bother me at the end of the day?!?!"
hannah15326
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2005 07:34:06 AM »

all of these dresses are so good! its making me want to finish mine now!i think ill got a sort out the lining argh! i have already sewn together the top, but i need to add the boning (hate that stuff it doesn't keep straight!) here is a pic of the pattern that i am using...

this is a close up of the the one that i am making

I am making it out of a purple slub silk, which is really nice to sew with as well, i just hope that i can make it all in time
Does anyone know of a tie pattern, i want to make a matching tie for my boyfriend to wear but i haven't got a pattern, i know that it needs to be cut on the bias but thats about it! any one else doing the matching thing with their dates!?
thanks
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:34:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 140 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 4/4
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 1/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 12/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 2/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 3/12
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...