A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Game Piece Swap #2  (Read 4007 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2005 12:37:49 PM »

I didn't see a gallery, so I decided to start one b/c my super swap partner already sent my stuff!!

A cool photo frame and trivial pursuit earrings:

an adorable mini checkers board out of those things your iron and they melt together (I can't think of the name):

Thanks so much!!

~jessica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yogirly87
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005 01:41:04 PM »

I'm so glad you like them!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv ya!!!

*~kels~*
xmelinda
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005 02:29:38 PM »

Cute!  I love the earrings especially.

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
puddinwuddin
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005 02:35:53 PM »

Awe...cute ideas!!
I didn't see a gallery, so I decided to start one b/c my super swap partner already sent my stuff!!
Thanks for starting it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
is she an orange
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005 09:33:22 AM »

yaay! i'm so excited, i got such an awesome package from meredith this morning!! sparky1131 sent me:

*a pair of wishbone earrings from the game operation (i love these!)
*a pair of miniature dice earrings with red & black beads
*a pair of barretts with operation pieces
*a second pair of barretts with bingo? pieces (i really love this one!)

anddddd..
two fantastic mirrors, one is yahtzee inspired and one is scrabble inspired! i love them, meredith you did such a good job, thank you so much!!!
i'll attempt to take pictures, but i can't promise they will be good!

i hope that mub gets my package soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005 01:59:46 AM »

Meredith and I worked on this swap during our crafting lock-in last weekend in Vancouver.  Mer made herself a pair of the Bingo barrettes, too, and she's been wearing them all week.  They turned out so cute!  Makes me wish I had hair...  Wink

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005 09:01:12 PM »

Oh I'm so glad you like them!  We had fun and it was my first swap.  I have to say that I just wanted to keep making and making things.  I'm hoping to have a digital camera soon, but don't as of now.  Can't wait to see what comes my way!

Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Freckles
I am Woman...Hear me Roar

I am an Addict.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005 10:12:37 PM »

Oh boo, I posted my thanks in the wrong gallery....Thanks so much for the lovely gifts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005 06:16:54 AM »

That Monopoly money frame is great!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Freckles

I am an Addict.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005 09:34:03 AM »

Oh but wait....there's more...what you can't see due to my bad picture, is that it is a mirror!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005 09:57:01 AM »

I'm glad you like them!  I have to say, I was pretty excited when I was looking at the Uno cards and figured out I could use that "R" as a monogram  Wink

BTW, I received very cute stuff from punkrockgirl which I love and which I will post pics of as soon as I find my digital camera!  She made napkin rings from those funky long thin playing cards, and a cute box too, and also a rockin set of coasters from a Simpsons game board.  Oh, we love the Simpsons in our house  Grin  Thank you thank you!!

Melinda
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005 10:12:56 AM by xmelinda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparky1131

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005 12:02:34 PM »

Hooray!  I got a fantastic package from Freckles this morning!  So glad I stayed at home to work today.  In it was a pair of monopoly hotel earrings with beads in my favorite colors (red/orange/yellow), a set of very cool resin magnets (where are those houses from?!  My gamer fiance and I were trying to figure it out... I love resin!) which are on my fridge as we speak, and 3 superb Clue things from the 70s version of Clue.  They are an awesome purse with the images from the cards, the cover and the 'detective sheet', a candle holder with cards on each side (decoupaged to a glass vessel - I wouldn't have thought of that at all!), and a tall cylindrical tin decoupaged with cards from the game.  Not only do I just love the things you made, but during our crafting lock-in, Melinda had copies of this version of Clue (the one we all played as kids) and I was begging her to make me things from it!  So, way to go!

Hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon.  We got a digital camera free from a friend yesterday and I have to figure out how to use it...

Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Freckles

I am an Addict.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005 12:55:48 PM »

The houses are from Advance To Boardwalk.  I did a huge project with about 300+yards of wire, string, game pieces and beads.  Many Leftovers were crying to be crafted.  I am glad you like the gifties.  Mel sent me the Candy land cards and guys so I am trying to decided how to do them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005 01:19:11 PM »

Mer, do you mean the 60s version of Clue, the one that is kinda modern-art looking that I had the color photocopies from?  Me so jealous!  I am a total nerd when it comes to Clue.  You have to post pics!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005 03:48:08 PM »

Ah ha, I think there are a bunch of Advance to Boardwalk pieces in our Box of Odd Game Pieces, so I must look up the houses! (My husband wanted the other pieces for another gaming application, so he thrifted several copies of AtB.)

I'm not in this swap, but I was in the first one and am a total boardgame geek, plus I saw the stuff Mel and Mer made, so I had to look in on this swap.  Great ideas, everybody!

Marty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
sparky1131

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005 04:09:51 PM »

Ah-ha!  I thought they looked like Monopoly houses, but they were different colors so I was confused!

Mel, yep, they're from the game we had as kids and the one you had the copies of that I was begging for.  It's tres cool!  It was very satisfying for my first swap!  Freckles Rocks!

Mer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puddinwuddin
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005 06:09:49 PM »

I got some wonderful stuff!!  I got a candyland necklace which is gracing my rearview mirror, initial earrings from scrabble pieces, and a journal with my name on it with scrabble tiles.  THANK YOU
THIS ROCKS   Logged
is she an orange
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005 07:15:13 AM »

so! here are the awfully poor quality photos of the fantastic things sparky sent me!

i couldn't get a clear picture of the jewelry...!

thanks again honey!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:42:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005 08:04:12 PM »

Okay, here's how geeky we are.  When Meredith was making the Yahtzee mirror, we wanted to make the score sheets look like there was a game in progress, so if you look, your name is on one, and my name, and Mer's name, and we took turns writing in the scores so that it would be different handwriting AND we got Marty to write in yours so it would not be the same handwriting as ours.  AND we made sure we filled out the scores in such a way that you are winning.

GEEKS!!  Grin

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

is she an orange
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005 10:39:07 PM »

hahaha... when i  first got it i was actually wondering who melinda was, and had to double check the package to see the senders name, haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mub
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005 06:13:55 PM »

It arrived this weekend!  I'm in awe of the awesomeness =)  I'll be taking pictures once I've figured out where I hid my camera Wink 

Dear Mub, it has now been EIGHT days since the package was mailed, and the website says this still:

You entered 0304 1560 0000 5779 2047

Your item was accepted at 11:42 am on February 10, 2005 in HOLYOKE, MA 01040. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.   

I HOPE THAT IT GETS TO YOU SOON.

love,
tina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
kitschlover
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005 10:55:52 AM »

Sorry to send so late.  I received a playing card clock.  It is very cool and is hanging in my game room/bar.  Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
is she an orange
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005 05:34:45 PM »

Sorry to send so late. I received a playing card clock. It is very cool and is hanging in my game room/bar. Thank you so much!

wow kitschlover that's so bizarre you received a playing card clock because i sent one to mub as one of her items. who was your swapper? maybe we're twins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparky1131

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005 05:18:41 PM »

Oh, cool!  Pictures!  Yeah, we're a bit geeky, it's true.  I had a good time making them, for sure!

Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mub
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005 09:38:17 PM »

is she an orange:  Hahah, it was me who made the other clock!  I thought it was so awesome when I opened up the box and there was a clock!  We're on the same wavelegnth apparently! 

kitchlover:  I am working on a journal for you.  My boyfriend was here from the Netherlands for 3 weeks, and I devoted some major time to him instead of getting your journal done :X  I hope you can understand!  I'm glad you like your clock =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
is she an orange
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2005 07:04:43 AM »

is she an orange:  Hahah, it was me who made the other clock!  I thought it was so awesome when I opened up the box and there was a clock!  We're on the same wavelegnth apparently! 

kitchlover:  I am working on a journal for you.  My boyfriend was here from the Netherlands for 3 weeks, and I devoted some major time to him instead of getting your journal done :X  I hope you can understand!  I'm glad you like your clock =)

okay, the clock was funny... but mub, a journal too???and its late??? okay now im just scared. remember that note that said i had one more item to send you in your package, well it's a journal!

cah-razy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockgirl

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005 07:26:54 PM »

I just got my package from lilmissdogooder today. Thank you very much. Smiley

I got:

An old maid playing card magnet (What does the DAVIDSON imprint on the frame mean?)

A Bingo notebook

A Playing card notebook

A Bingo notepad

A bottlecap with dominos in it?

and

I really like the domino barrettes- or I will once I glue the dominos on that the postman knocked off. I also like the BINGO barrettes- very cute. I think I might put something on them to protect the cardboard letters so I can wear it lots without it getting ooky.

P.S. What are the green earrings from? I don't recognize them.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2005 07:33:02 PM by punkrockgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilmissdogooder
A Day In the Life of the Socially Deprived

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005 07:44:28 AM »

Glad you liked everything punkrockgirl!  The Davidson brand is a brand of slides.  The 7s are part of a children's foam number set.  Thanks for the fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I followed my heart so I could hold my head up high."-Andrea Marr, Girl
sparky1131

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005 06:57:31 PM »

Finally here are some pictures of my fabulous game piece goodies.  I finally learned to post pictures (even though my camera is just a webcam and takes crappy pictures...), so here they are:

A cool can I'm using to collect change...

A purse and candle holder...

me wearing this one today...

And there's a yellow magnet too, but it's holding stuff up on my fridge.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005 06:59:22 PM by sparky1131 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockgirl

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2005 09:11:40 AM »

I posted this in the swap thread but I wanted to put it here just to make sure everyone saw it.

I was just organizing a swap of my own, and found that puddinwuddin (who organized this swap) is on the suspended traders list for flaking on not one, not two, but three different swaps!

Meanwhile, she was supposed to send to yogirly87 for this swap. I for one am going to pm yogirly for her address and send her a little something. It would be great if a few other people could pitch in and send something. (If you're like me, you probably have materials left over from the stuff you made and/or ideas you didn't get to do).

Thanks everyone who made this a super fun swap. Let's make sure yogirly87 gets to feel the same way. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005 09:16:23 AM by punkrockgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Andrew Griffiths Talks About Me Myth
Carin Rubenstein Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Philippa Gregory Talks About The Role of Magic
Marisa Silver Talks About The God of War
Life as a Poser Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...