A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Group in Vancouver  (Read 19172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laurachristine
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005 04:04:13 PM »

Yah, I think that is a good idea about getting together....maybe once a month?  I am up for anything really.....it doesn't have to be knitting.  Maybe we can set up something like a book club but instead call it a craft club and get together once a month and take turns instructing each other on the "craft of the month".  Then we can all get together at the end of the month and see what each of us has created.  That way, we each can take turns teaching and we all can learn.  What do you think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005 05:55:37 PM »

I think those are great ideas.
I could teach basic crochet, basic knitting, various jewlery/beading type things, sewing (how to follow a pattern, make a purse,etc), quilting, embroidery . . ..umm, oh I've made clocks. I think some crafting would be limited by the space we had, but otherwise I'd love it to be all inclusive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005 06:02:46 PM »

these are good ideas- great really...
i could contribute a more abstract, arty type of style. i dont know about anything specific.. um.....matchbox shrines, altered books, atc's, paper stuff... hmm. anything involving mac tac...
haha
i will keep thinking........... ...
................... ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005 01:58:14 AM »

I'm not living in Vancouver irght now but I move back in Early July. I used to craft a lot when I was young but have taken it back up since leaving Vancover and want to continue when I get back so I really like a idea like this.

I don't know how interested I am in a structured "craft of the month" type thing, but I really like the idea of seeing what different things people are working on and learning new techniques in general.

Also, as an aside, I live in an apartment complex that has a big common room that is free to use as long as it's booked in advance. If there are people interested and my place (commercial driave area) is convienient I'd be be able to provide a location.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohsweetie
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005 03:22:40 AM »

as said to fellow wonderful craftster on an instant messaging service:
totally... ah, it would be neat if we had guided crafts for a month, but not lessons. or like an inspiration piece to suggest the way we run with a topic.. so, there is a guideline, but very open.. im putting this onto craftster right now. verbatim.

oooh, im so going to be your baking lady! i must testdrive recipes for my book.
xoxo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in the words of richard brautigan,
"i'll love you and be your catfish friend!"

oooh, i do personal swaps too!

http://d-funk.blogspot.com
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005 12:24:47 PM »

I think this would be awesome - I would totally be up for it.  How about, instead of a type of project, we set a theme for each month, to see how different people would interpret it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005 02:30:32 PM »

Personally I'd so be all over somebody doing a small knitting workshop, I'm trying to learn and it's not always going to well.

Even a meet up once a month to have a coffee and just bring a portable project to show/work on would be pretty neat. Just a way to network and get inspired no?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
laurachristine
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005 04:01:49 PM »

Ohhhh....those are all awesome ideas.  I especially like the inspirational idea where it is more open and not so much a 'lesson' of sorts.  Also, that is great that there is possibly a space for us to meet at.  Lets do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005 04:09:13 PM »

It's great that there's interest. I would be happy to organize something but becasue I'm not in Vancouver right now, I couldn't do anything before July. But if that's suits everyone and my location is convenient for people who want to come we could start looking at dates and times and such.

Otherwise if someone wants to find another location and start before then I would really want to join when I am back in Vancouver.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005 04:12:52 PM »

If all else fails we could all meet up somewhere, have a coffee/tea and all say hi and meet and greet? Then figure out what we could all do as a group?

Sorry I'm not trying to push I'm just being curious..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Frank Lloyd Wright or An Igloo? Sexy Homes on Airbnb
Granite Vs. Laminate: Sustainability Below the Surface
Gardens of the Atomic Age: Landscaping Eichler Homes
Visitability: Smart Design Tips For Accessible Kitchens
Taking the Long View: How Not to Ruin the Eames House
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...