A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ganon Coaster (from Zelda)  (Read 1515 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rixies
« on: May 12, 2008 12:23:04 PM »

I have plans for a set of 5 beaded Zelda coasters. This is the first one I did: the evil Ganon! I plan on doing a Zelda one, a Link one, One with the fairy, and one with the Zelda logo. So far I like the set!! I probably won't get around to finishing them anytime soon because money is a fickle little thing... So, I wanted to post what I had already!

The next step is to figure out how I want to mount it so that it will be an effective coaster. I was thinking that I would at least stick a thin layer of cork on the back. But beyond that I'm not sure. I keep thinking of trying to do a little wooden border, almost like framing it. But I'm not quite sure how I would do that...

It's about 4x4 inches and made on a homemade loom (thatnks to my lovely boyfriend!) using Delica beads. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chibii

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008 12:31:11 PM »

Sweet, I LOVE Zelda! Did you make the pattern yourself? It's so detailed!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

3 successful personal swaps!

I love fish, strawberries, zebra prints, hair clips, and anything cute! <3
adubyah
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008 01:21:10 PM »

Be sure to post pictures of the other ones if you end up doing them! I really love Zelda too!  I bet the fairy one would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thebeadeddancer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008 08:43:50 PM »

That's awesome! Good work. I love your loom... What's on it to separate the threads?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beaderjojo
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008 03:54:47 AM »

That's so cool, I love the Zelda games (old school ones anyways). Looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

As far as a coaster goes, maybe you could mount your beadwork to the cork like you said, and then make a wooden frame to fit around it, then cut some thick clear plastic (or glass if you really wanted) to secure in the frame. Easier said than done, I know, but it just popped into my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rixies
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008 06:10:14 AM »

Sweet, I LOVE Zelda! Did you make the pattern yourself? It's so detailed!  Shocked

Thank you! I tried my best! And to answer your question, I did design the pattern, but I used a piece of the official Zelda artwork as my template. So I basically took the picture, put it behind a grid, and filled it in as best I could. I found that making the outline first was the easiest way to go. Here is a link to my pattern in case anyone is interested in using it: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/rixies/ganon-2.png If anyone does do anything with it, I would really love to see the final product, whatever it may be!

That's awesome! Good work. I love your loom... What's on it to separate the threads?

Hehe, we found a website with instructions on how to make your own wooden loom. What they had us use were combs! Like the ones you comb your hair with! I thought that was so clever. Here's a link to the instructions: http://mdc.mo.gov/teacher/highered/crafts/craft26.htm

As far as a coaster goes, maybe you could mount your beadwork to the cork like you said, and then make a wooden frame to fit around it, then cut some thick clear plastic (or glass if you really wanted) to secure in the frame. Easier said than done, I know, but it just popped into my head.

Yeah, that's what I would really like to be able to do! But the problem is figuring out how to do that...and then I would have to figure out how to do it so it looked good! Maybe the craft store have little mini frames - or maybe they can cut (or I can cut) a thin frame into pieces (mwahahaha!). I really like your idea though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008 03:13:50 PM »

Oh, yes Navi the fairy, you must do one of her!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
rixies
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008 05:40:06 AM »

Maybe I should do the fairy next ^_^ I decided to do fairy in a human form rather than ball-of-light form though. Ball-of-light is cute and all, but not too entertaining to look at.

I also managed to make a basic coaster "frame" over the weekend, so it's coming together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple Grape and Peanut Salad Recipe
Intriguing Philly Beef Casserole Recipe
Chili Cheese Nacho Casserole Recipe
Crispy Parmesan Chicken Breast Recipe
Made from Scratch Sloppy Joes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...