A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Nature Swap Gallery  (Read 12564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2008 10:50:27 PM »

wow, two beautiful packages!! i can't even decide what i like best Smiley  good work both of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008 02:06:28 AM »

Beautiful stuff!  I'll take one of each!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Kenners
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008 04:10:17 AM »

yay I'm so glad you liked it all Varandra! I'm also glad it all managed to arrive without getting broken/too crumpled.

I have all the photos of your parcel ready to post this evening if I get a chance, if not I'll do them tomorrow! Everything is awesome though! I love the buttons and the little hemp bowl and the photo gift boxes and the necklace and in fact all of it! My boyfriend was in fits of giggles at the size of the fisherman's trousers, but I fed him some of the sweets (yummy) and he soon shut-up.

The reeds on the vase, are those made from polymer clay?
They are indeed. I was so worried about them breaking.

EowynUlysses I am so craving that necklace, its so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
varandra
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008 11:34:22 AM »

Hope you don't find the trousers waaay too large, I know I made them very wide...I had some issues with the pattern. Well at least they're not too small and I suppose you could make them smaller if you find them too big.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
Kenners
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2008 01:17:19 PM »

Argh. I've just spent 45 posting all my photos and general squee-ness only for the connection to drop and loose everything! Sorry guys - I just don't have the energy to do it again this evening. I promise there will be photos soon Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2008 01:40:55 PM »

I hate it when that happens!  I'm pretty intrigued by all the "trousers" comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
varandra
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2008 01:37:30 AM »

Ouch! That really sucks. Really. Sad
I know you have a lot of other things on your mind, so if you're feeling very stressed out about getting the pictures posted I could always post the ones I took before sending and you could just drop a comment if you'd like to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2008 09:36:29 AM »

I received from my wonderful partner Buns!  Kiss Will post pictures this evening, hopefully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buns
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2008 11:38:48 AM »

I got my package from catpants two days ago but was having annoying camera issues so finally I'm posting pics.  Sorry for the wait, catpants!

I absolutely loved everything she sent me, it was a very cozy and sweet package, if that makes any sense. 

The whole package:

Handspun yarn!  The first I've ever gotten, it's so soft and such beautiful, warm colours.  I have no clue what I will spare this yarn on.

A gold journal with a leaf stamp on the front that catpants carved herself.  The book closes with a very soft wisp of wool and opens up to big, beautiful, textured pages.  I might use this to record what's going on in the forest near my house!

Slightly blurry picture of something REALLY cool - medicinal salve for cuts and scrapes.  Catpants actually made this from herbs she grew herself!  It smells so clean and earthy, and I have already put it to good use on my poor, blistered summer feet.   Grin

A beautiful, incredibly soft cotton scarf.  Catpants made this for me because I mentioned that my favourite place is the ocean - this would be perfect for a cool, coastal hike!  I wanted to get an action shot but unfortunately the lighting wouldn't cooperate.  I love it though!

Finally, she sent me three zines!  I was so happy to get these because I haven't thought about zines in years, and I forgot how awesome of a medium they can be.  One is about pregnancy/motherhood, another is about first aid herbalism, and the last is medicinal skin care using herbs.  I love them!  So much information crammed into such a small space.  Just awesome.  Oh, and also pictured here is the pretty little notecard catpants included in the package. 

We were a great match-up from the beginning, and it has been a real pleasure swapping with catpants!  I absolutely love everything she made for me and had the best time crafting for her.  Thanks again, catpants - you totally rock!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2008 02:36:05 PM »

I received a wonderful package from m88888 on Thursday - I was really in awe, I love everything!

First, a quilt!  I'm amazed by all you ladies that can quilt, I want to learn, but I'm sooooo slow in cutting out the pieces that it would take me years to make a lap quilt...  She used materials that are recycled or out of her stash, and it matches my living room colors amazingly well (I would take a pic of the room to prove it, but it's a mess!)

She also made a very cool tree potholder with the same fabrics, I love it as well (I decided that my lazy cat was perfect to prop up the stuff to photograph it - he's such a slug that he didn't even move as I arranged and rearranged the photo...)

Next, three crocheted dishcloths, a book (looks interesting!), a bird necklace, and mmmmm - chocolate!

Finally, some really cool nature photos - I wish I could take good pictures!

Look at that snake!  I hope you used super-zoom to get that close!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Demi Lovato Vs Miley Cyrus: Style Battle
Worst Dressed at Golden Globes...Ever?
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...