A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 306,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Nature Swap Gallery  (Read 17408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tazzell
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008 07:57:32 AM »

Wow they are amazing photos, is that a wild bear?
I've just a couple of things to finish up and then I will be heading for the post office hopefully tomorrow. 
Yes well stone as a craft material will boost up the old package rate I would suspect. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008 09:38:41 AM »

I love those arrowhead earrings, Cabin Fever... how cool that your husband's a fletcher.

I'm wrapping up work on my package... just finishing up the Large, which is much larger in time that I originally estimated. But hopefully I'll get it shipped tomorrow. Can't wait to see more from everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cabin Fever
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008 10:01:24 AM »

Wow they are amazing photos, is that a wild bear?
I've just a couple of things to finish up and then I will be heading for the post office hopefully tomorrow. 
Yes well stone as a craft material will boost up the old package rate I would suspect. Grin

Better get one of those flat rate boxes! I can't live without them.  Yes, that is a wild grizzly bear, we have almost 2 browns (grizzly's) per square mile on this island, we see them all the time. I prefer seeing them when I'm in the car or boat though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kenners
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008 01:38:19 AM »

Well Varandra is going to be getting four different parcels now. This could all end in disaster  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Tanna
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008 02:36:17 AM »

woow i'm happy for you all that you could join this swap! what a wonderfull things allready, i really like that arrowhead earings.. i guess it's because i love the prehistoric times  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bosssanders
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008 08:45:06 AM »

Well Varandra is going to be getting four different parcels now. This could all end in disaster  Wink

You know, my pkg that I sent cost me like 15 bucks.  How...I'm not entirely sure.  I totally forgot about the flat rate boxes but the wall hanging wouldn't have fit in that anyhow!  And, you used stone??  Eek.  I didn't think mine was going to be very heavy. Wrong-O.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008 05:48:26 AM »

Mine was about 25 bucks, but that's because it was international.  When I got my big idea I had completely forgot that k-roc is in Canada, and the item is kinda heavy...but I really liked it, so I couldn't leave it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008 08:24:53 AM »

I talked to the folks at the PO.  They say flat rate boxes are ideal for heavy items.  I sent a package recently and the box was bigger than the flat rate box, but because it was light weight, it cost less to send priority than the flat rate. 

And, Bosssanders, your package came in a flat rate box, just an oversized one.  I think that was the reason that it cost more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 122 done

Just married...after 22 years of unwedded bliss.
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008 11:50:54 AM »

I have recieved a BRILLIANT package from Tiggyjn. This was her first swap and i think she did extremely well!

Get your wist button ready  Wink Sorry for the mass of photos but i prefer to take too many than not enough!

A gorgeous bunny made from recycled fabrics.

A bookmark made from a real leaf (?) laminated with a really nice fish bead on the end. I think the bead is made from stone?

A very pretty tote bag.

Some dragonflies. I have to call them dragonflies as my husband thinks they look like moths and he is scared of moths  Cheesy

A Lucky Hag stone from Durwich Beach in Suffolk. Click here if you dont know what a hag stone is.

A box which has pictures of trees and nature scenes as a collage. It looks great and now holds my shells from my local beach that iv collected  Grin

Beautiful candles.

They were wrapped in pretty handmade papers.

And the letter looks to have been marbled? Its very pretty.

And as if that isnt enough i saved my favourite for last... A lovely watercolour painting incorporating all of my favourite natural things, and a celtic knot in the tree with my initial inside. I absolutely adore it and it is now above my computer so i can see it all the time  Grin

For a sort of size ref..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008 12:44:37 PM »

WOW. Awesome package! (Now I have swap anxiety about mine... eep!) That bunny is the cutest ever. And what a gorgeous painting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
And the sun is still here...
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...