A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love Ewe Swap Round 2: A Sheep, Fiber & Farm Animal Swap! Send Outs 6/21/08  (Read 10134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

inle_rah
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008 08:57:06 AM »

I think we all understand, Imagine.  Waiting to get partners is the hardest part of the swap...for me anyway.

And yes, dragonflyducky, my bag of alpaca fiber weighs just under 3 pounds, and is a beautiful mix of grey, black and brown from an alpaca named Guy.  It's my first time buying the whole fleece, so it was quite the splurge.  Someday, it is going to be a sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008 03:38:30 PM »

Its good having a long sign up period cos it means it gives everyone time to finish swaps or organise lives, its sucks having a long sign up period cos you got to wait soooo looooong  Tongue
Either way, better to have it long and then shorten it if it has to be then have it short and noone able to join  Cheesy
Jeez I wouldnt know what to do with that much fiber lol, I cant spin, knit or crochet  Undecided it probly end out using it as stuffing... and it being really expensive stuffing  Roll Eyes lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
SpottedFrog
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008 04:30:59 PM »

Hmmm, I'm 2/3 of the way through my last swap commitment and I swore I wouldn't sign up for any more swaps till I painted the bathroom...More incentive to get the blasted bathroom DONE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008 05:20:19 PM »

lol, you do a sheep themed bathroom?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008 07:45:12 PM »

No theme yet, it's currently a hideous early 80's wallpaper in beige & terracotta :p I'm going to do the walls white and a cornflower blue with yellow accents. My girls have a pretty extensive rubber ducky collection, some will be moved to display along with a few other rubber ducky things that are not tub friendly. I figured the blue, white & yellow could grow up into classic French Country switching out the ducks for toile when they are older.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008 07:54:19 PM »

Man wish I could re do our bathroom. Im allowed to do all the rooms but not to themes. Id love a rubber ducky themed bathroom  Cheesy although couldnt imagine my 6ft5 kiwi bloke showering with a fluro rubber ducky  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy same as all my sheep stuffies had to be moved to the spareroom as he didnt like them staring at him while he slept lmao
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagine
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008 06:15:39 AM »

Hey I had a rubber ducky themed bathroom when I lived at my parents! (I still have some accessories in my current bathroom like the shower curtain and the mini carpet) It was mainly a pale yellow and on the bottom half of the wall we put a white wallpaper with light blue and light yellow checked pattern. They have tons of accessories at Zellers (Canadian Target) for this theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008 07:13:56 AM »

Your honestly tempting me lol. Ive been told I can pretty much do what I want so long as its not a sheep themed room  Grin yea... I like sheep lmao
Already half planning things to make for the swap, with any luck I wont feel too rubbish when it comes time to get crafting and my partner will like that sort of thing  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008 07:30:23 AM »

Oh I've always been fond of sheep. I grew up on the very edge of the burbs, our neighborhood bordered a huge ranch untill high school when they finally sold out. That family had horses & Angora goats. There were several sheep & goat farms very close to town.
It's funny Texas has a very different opinion of what is considered "domestic" from most states. Chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, sheep, horses and cattle are perfectly legal to have in your backyard in a neighborhood provided you meet the acreage requirements set by the state and deed restrictions allow (I think it's 1.5 acres for one horse or cow, and the deed restrictions spececificly have to disallow). So if I really, really wanted a sheep in my backyard, I could have it! Cuts down on mowing! There are a few rather posh neighborhoods in town where lots of people have horses, jumpers & such, not rodeo ponies.

Did you know Texas exports more Angora wool than any place else in the world? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008 08:13:53 AM »

I wish I could have a sheep!  Detroit doesn't allow anything cool like that....not that my yard right now would be big enough...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Acne Concealing Makeup Tips
Homemade Dry-Skin Saving Recipe
BCBG MaxAzria NYFW Fall 2014 - Interviews & Runway
How to Look Effortlessly Cool Like Kristen Stewart
Madonna to Launch Skincare Line in Japan
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...