A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Tatania" knitalong  (Read 8620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005 04:08:16 PM »

right, so, i've done 12" of the back and finally held it up against my back to see how i like the fit. i've noticed that 2x2 ribbing looks better on me when it's very stretched out, so yeah. this thing needs to be a little more than 1/2 my high hip measurement. while knitting it i kept thinking "hm. this seems a little wide when i stretch it at all......"

yeah. it barely stretches to make it from one side to the other across my back.

damn. it. i really don't want to frog this yarn not only because, well, that's 12" of progress down the drain, but because this yarn, being a wool blend with little fuzzy thread things sticking off of it, does Not like to come apart. getting it to pull out of the center of the skeins has been enough of a PITA. i can't even imagine how much it's going to fight me yanking it out of ribbing.
soooo...........i think the pattern and a calculator and i need to spend some *ahem* quality time together figuring out roughly how many stitches around this thing should be for optimal curve-showing-off-ness. then i will cast on the Front first, since that's really the part of me that's trickiest to fit clothes to.

tomorrow this will be only a memory.......
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:01:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005 09:49:57 PM »

my calculator and I have discovered that to make this look best it would have to be an XXXXsmall, but the adjustable numbers give out and become zeros if I go any smaller than XXXsmall.

DAMMIT!

oh well. i am doing this to learn, after all. i just know i'm going to have oodles of fun with the shaping >.<

OODLES.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005 04:50:17 AM »

as i thought, the shaping is evil. i read the pattern, i look at the schematic, and it makes no sense. i know it probably doesn't help at all that i'm really modifying this thing, but still! rawr.

most specifically, the dec section of the front. i look at the schematic and LO! it looks like increasing. not decreasing. oh well. i'm just going to increase it and worse comes to worst i'll end up frogging things. whee, but nothing i'm not familiar with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purrfect
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005 07:15:29 PM »

Well, if all else fails, wouldn't using a thinner yarn help with the sizing issues? Or maybe I'm just odd. But it would be worth looking into, I'd think.

Oh well. I've got 9 inches of the back done, and one skein gone. I'm actually thinking it's going to be a little too large on me....but there is no way in hell I'm frogging this thing now.

Better large then small, I guess. Unlike some, I'm just too damn stubborn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scifibimoncon8
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005 04:35:44 PM »

just to beat the dead horse named Knitting Is A Drug, this is my project list:
-modify the Barbara wrap top from Adriafil so that it turns into a close approximation of the Sarah shawl collared cardigan from whiteliesdesign.com
Perhaps this will help move that project along more quickly...http://www.softmemories.com/AntiqueCrochet/free/index.htm It's crocheted, but it's pretty much the pattern(Click on 'Draped Bed Jacket).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005 04:37:51 PM by scifibimoncon8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

More nonsense abounds at http://rarerborealis.com/
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005 09:38:40 PM »

i wonder if i can find a crochet-to-knit generator thing......

arigato, scifibimoncon8!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005 02:11:06 AM »

right, sooo...........i'm almost done with the front. i held it up to me to see how much more.........er.... .....strap... i had to knit, and realized that i want the middle section to be about 3" narrower than it is. the overall width of the piece is fine, but part of what makes that center horizontal ribbing so flattering is that is mimics princess seams.

oh god, i'm going to end up frogging ALL OF IT. but i think i'd rather start over than end up with a sweater i'm not perfectly happy with.

and today was going so well...........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005 11:51:29 PM »

i ended up starting over on the front  Undecided

fortunately it went faster than i expected and is now done. i should start on the back (again), but it occurs to me that i have a birthday present to make for my only friend. i shall whip that up and then get back to the.......er....... .back.

has anyone else noticed that i post more often than everyone else combined?

oh my lord this is my blog  O_O
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005 02:51:37 PM »

HOKAY. the present for Frankie is done, and i'm halfway through with the back. bloody tedious 2x2 rib..........

my hands don't like this forced pace. i think i may have to not knit today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purrfect
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005 02:07:54 PM »

The back is coming along, slowly but surely. Then...on to the front. And the sleeves.

It would have been done right now had I had enough money to buy all the yarn at once. Oh dear, dear, dear.

The problems of knitting on a budget.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glass Blowing Tricks and Techniques
Glass Blowing Safety
How to Use Stencils in Scrapbooking
How to Use Ribbon Sliders for Scrapbooking
How to Use Vellum with Scrapbooking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...