A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Amigurumi World  (Read 15301 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi , crochet , kawaii , animal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amber555
« on: May 08, 2008 02:13:05 PM »

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a crochet along based on Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet by Ana Paula Rimoli. No rules, no time limits. Just post pictures in this thread when you've made stuff from the book and stop by here from time to time to chat about the patterns in the book and comment on each other's work.

I'll start us off with these creatures I made for Mother's Day:

The cat is for my mom, the hedgehog for my boyfriend's mom, and the owl for my grandma. I'll probably be posting more pics of them on my blog later, but I have to wait until after mother's day because my boyfriend's mom reads my blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise for her.

Let me know what you think.
amber
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:36:44 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
angeltreats
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008 02:15:17 PM »

Those are lovely!  So cute!

I'm up for a crochetalong, I've got this book and love it but have yet to make anything from it.  I'll try and do one this weekend if I have time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008 02:17:51 PM »

Cool. They're pretty fast to wip up. I did the owl in under three hours, while watching a movie. Didn't time the others, but I know the baby hedgehog was the most time consuming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008 02:27:30 PM »

they are all super adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nintendork

I dig the capital

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008 09:55:16 AM »

I love this book!!!!  the patterns are so easy to follow, even for beginners like me.  I am so impressed that you did the hedgehog, the back totally intimidates me.

I also made an owl for mother's day (my mother loves white owls)

and I made a turtle for my sister (you cant really see the shell but its in there, I made it smaller than the book called for, I think its just looks better that way)

I finished a full size ("daddy") lion last night, I think it turned out pretty well, was bigger than I expected

Now I am starting on a full size dog modled after my very own doggy sparky

(sorry about the messy desk in the pics)  I just got Christen Heders book "creepy Cute Crochet". Its more challenging than the Seriously Cute book but I am enjoying the ability to make ninjas now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber555
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008 11:06:32 AM »

Wow nintendork, you've been busy! Everything looks really good. I really like the colours you chose for the owl! Don't let the hedgehog intimidate you too much I think it's one of those things that actually looks good if it's a little messy. Especially if you use a wool that's a little fluffy rather than a worsted weight because then you see the fur more than the stitches.

I've put my post up on my blog about the critters I made for Mother's day, if anyone's interested:http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2008/05/mothers-day-amigurumis.html

I'm waiting for my copy of Creepy Cute Crochet to arrive right now. It should be here by Saturday at the latest. If anyone wants to start a separate crochet-along for that book, I know I'd be interested.

I'm working on something else right now, but after that I'm going to try another hedgehod. This time in purple for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimberlyPye
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008 06:57:05 AM »

I had this book delivered straight from Amazon as soon as it was released! I love it!

Here are some eggs:

And here's a little turtle:

(I improvised the flower and threaded it through his hand.)

The first thing I made from the book was this boy elephant.  I had way less gray yarn than I thought, so he's wearing blue pajamas. :-)

(I also made the mug without a face, but that's not fabulously exciting.)

I'm sure I'll end up making just about everything in this book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adaquinn
How beaded it is!!

Aren't I cute?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008 03:43:51 PM »

Hmm.... I  must by this book.
*nods*  And join the craft-a-long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008 04:44:18 AM »

Oh, id be interested!  I absolutley love this book.  Its super easy too, which is great because Im fairly new to crochet.  (I also bought the creepy cute crochet book too, but, its still not here.   I got it on ebay & the auction still says that 49 copies are available.  But, they sent me an email saying it was out of stock.  That was 3 wks ago. too!  Needless to say, I think I wont buy anything else from them.  Im not coplaining but, if a book is out of stock your add shouldnt be saying that 49 are availbale and ready to shipped.)  Anyways, Im totally in to doing a this craftalong and once my other book arrives Id do that craft along too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
amber555
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008 03:49:58 PM »

Hi Adaquinn, missmoppet! Welcome to our group. I can't wait to see your projects. My copy of Creepy Cute Crochet arrived on Saturday. I haven't started anything from it yet. I think the first thing I'm going to tackle is the Corporate Zombie, although I'm planning to change his hair a bit and try to make him look more like Dwight Schrute from The Office (only as a zombie!). It will be my first time doing hair for a critter so that's a new challenge!

KimberlyPye, my friend was wondering how easy it is to get the little chicks in and out of their eggs? Her four year old niece loves to take things out of one container and put them in another so she was thinking of making a bunch of different coloured chicks and white egg shells for her to play with. We just weren't sure how easy/frustrating it would be for a four year old to get the chicks in and out of the eggs. What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Pad Thai Recipe
Cambodian Green Papaya Salad
How to Make Beef Pho Part 2/2
How to Make Beef Pho Part 1/2
How to Make Poori Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...