A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twit Twoo pleated shoulder bag - tut page 3!! (img heavy)  (Read 6505 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008 07:47:50 AM »

oh  yea!!  watching closely to this post now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
toque
pinktoque

Creator of GEEKSOAP.net

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008 09:54:51 AM »

oh  yea!!  watching closely to this post now.

wooohooo!! me too!  thanks, fugsly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I design geeky, all natural handmade soap known as GEEKSOAP! http://www.geeksoap.net
Portfolio: http://www.thepinktoque.com/
raindrop40118
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008 01:43:42 PM »

me too, I love the shape
THIS ROCKS   Logged
(alterego)kitty
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008 08:18:37 PM »

yes, please post a tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 kitty
KSwede

I can resist everything except temptation.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008 09:39:24 PM »

I love these! The pleated look gives it a surprisingly clean and simple look. And that lining is gorgeous! Another vote for a tutorial please!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fugsly
Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008 02:08:37 PM »

Sorry I know i said the weekend but my mum's come up and my friend's taking a course in this town and asked to stay and to top it all off i have another friend, my boyfriend and my dad coming up this weekend!!!  Lukily I have a huge flat but it's going to be four in a room (which is a shame, i don't get to see my partner too often), must clear crafting junk up! How come these things always happen all at once?

Anyway, i'm going to be a bit longer with the tutorial - i'd love to say it'll be the next couple of days but at this rate Genghis Khan will turn up demanding I feed his horde...

Gah!!

Again, thanks for the lovely comments - makes me all happy clappy inside Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeshebags
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008 04:55:36 AM »

Hi hun,

Looking forward to the tute, looks like a good bag.

Hugs
Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fugsly
Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008 10:30:56 AM »

Ok, finally the tutorial. This is the version without pleats (as I had the pieces waiting to be sewn). It's exactly the same pattern but shortened at the top - for pleated goodness add at least 3-4 inches to the width of the top band. You also don't need to shape the bag at the top as the pleats do it for you. If I make no sense whatsoever or your a bit lost then feel free to comment or message me Smiley

Alright then, first cut out your pieces - 4 top band, 2 outer, 2 lining and your strap. Interfacing is very important for this bag, especially on the top band so layer it on!  I like to make the top band curve down towards the middle and in the interested of the tutorial it'll be easier if I assume that's what you've gone for.  Make a nice curve at the bottom of the body pieces - they get pointier once you've sewn them so overdoing the curve isn't a bad idea.

Once the interfacing's on place a top band on a body piece, right sides touching. The curved part of the band should be facing up, the straight part at the bottom. Make sure the middle of the band is at the middle of the body or it'll look all wonky.

Once you've sewn all 4 bands onto your outer and lining pieces grab your two completed outer pieces and places them together, right side up. Match up your seams between the top and body and sew all the way around. Turn right side out. Now do the same with your lining pieces but leave a gap at the bottom (to turn the bag through) and leave inside out. I always stitch around twice and zigzag but if you can't be bothered and it's just for yourself then once should do the trick.

Now grab your outer pieces and place them inside the lining piece (right sides touching). Your outer piece should be right side out and your lining piece wrong side out. Now is the time to put your strap on (hehe, punalicious). Place the strap in between your lining and outer piece (so that it's where the right sides of the fabric are). Pin the tops of the strap in place. Now sew all the way around the edge at the top. Again I tend to stitch this part to death but if it's for yourself I'd reccommend stitching around twice. Go over the straps a few times though to make sure everything stays where it should.

Now for the fun part - pull the bag through the gap you left in the lining, try not to tear anything or pull your stitching apart. Once that's done sew up the gap in your lining (matching thread's a bonus) and put everything in place. Sometimes i sew around the top again on the outside and sometimes I don't - entirely up to you. And unless I've confused you completely you should be done! Here's my completed bag below, with added ribbon-ness and skulls.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011 10:25:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair How To: Victory Rolls
How to Curl Your Hair Using a Flat Iron
Hairapy Ep 108: Leah
How to Maintain Your Neckline
How to Use Hair Gel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...