A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beatles painted pants  (Read 14425 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tentimeszero
« on: February 06, 2004 10:33:07 PM »

my beatles pants. made them last year. hand painted on old jeans. they make me happy because thy match nothing and they are the beatles.
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=63334d0b-3891-117a-6942-308637de7f08&size=lg

http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4d883ed4-169f-9097-5f9d-31b8743d6a63&size=lg
front
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=1c9250e7-5102-2315-183c-5d817fb71a83&size=lg

front detail
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=65d9219a-68a5-48b2-1cab-57a43bc935ff&size=lg
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=5a1e41cd-4c50-157b-3905-170d65caa228&size=lg

http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=8a00330a-39bc-54cd-7cc7-13cf3c3537e5&size=lg

back
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=18ae87d0-1612-9a4f-2d55-7a844e3832dc&size=lg

back detail
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=396a64df-7c83-8ccd-2f16-2a02fc48c287&size=lg
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=75ee56b3-16b0-51e4-1556-3b2235ce4f6a&size=lg

http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=6554627d-43b0-626c-3fd3-40bc20986288&size=lg

back pockets
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=13fa1b78-6193-15d9-6981-37aa70f752c3&size=lg
http://hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=2bd86710-50e4-34e7-1e6b-2c376d5151e5&size=lg
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 07:38:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

then looking upward i strain my eyes & try, to tell the difference between shooting stars & statellites, from the passenger seat as you are driving me home. "do they collide?" i ask & you smile. with my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.
abricot
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004 10:47:23 PM »

Ack! You have excellent taste!!!  Shocked The Beatles ROCK!  Grin

Fantastic job on the pants too =D What type of paint did you use to decorate the jeans? I'd wear the jeans with anything and everything. They just kick so much butt, I could never stop wearing them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004 05:22:11 AM »

wow!  i love them a lot.  you must get  stopped all. the. time. with ?'s & comments.  i especially like the rubber soul portrait on the back pocket-nice job!  reminds me of my first love, who looked exactly like paul on that cover (but he played drums).  
*wakes up from daydream*
ahem. yes, really great piece of wearable art 10x0!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TinySoapyBubbles
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004 06:55:23 AM »

Those are awesome what a great job!!

=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiopeia
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004 08:29:34 AM »

WOW. Guess who suddenly became very jealous?
Those pants are fantastic... And I had a fun time trying to spot all the different lyrics you had put on them. Must have taken ages to paint them, especielly the lyrics (and hey - you have great taste in Beatles songs too!  Wink ). Are you able to wash that type of painted jeans normally or do they need to be hand washed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Men are from earth. Women are fom earth. Deal with it.
StripeySocks

I will always be a weird, creepy mushroom girl.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004 12:10:14 PM »

AAHHH!!! I need to make a pair...and one for all the other old classic rock bands I love  Kiss you a re a genius!

'Lena
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One is never as unhappy as one thinks, nor as happy as one hopes"
time_warp
Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004 12:24:48 PM »

Good God. Those are the most beautiful pants I've ever seen in my young life. I am eternally envious...

--Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seasick Sarah had a golden nose
Hobnail boots wrapped 'round her toes
When she turned blue all the angels screamed
They didn't know they couldn't make a scene.

She had to run, run, run run, run.
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004 12:56:20 PM »

Those are truly a work of art!
Can you wash them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
Piper
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004 01:32:41 PM »

They turned out wonderfully! Did the paint make them stiffer at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004 01:38:46 PM »

Oh, man, what an excellent job! Those are ge-orgious!!!

And I have to echo- what type of paint? are they stiff? If they are a year old, that paint must have held up very well through the wash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayray
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004 01:46:42 PM »

Oh.  My.  God.  Don't come to my neighborhood or I will RIP them off your body and run away with them!  Yes, you have awesome taste in songs/bands.  Please tell us what kind of paint you used!!!

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://kayray.org/

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
comfits
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004 01:47:15 PM »

love the pants!!!!!!!!!  how did you do the letters so perfectly???  i don't know what kind of paint you used, but here's my idea:

you can use acrylic.  it won't come off for nothing.  neither will oil paint.  the trick is to machine wash gentle cycle & turn them wrong side out.  don't machine dry either.  they'll hold up great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tentimeszero
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004 01:59:48 PM »

thanks everyone i was so scared to post.
i used acrylic paint. the only problem was this was my first pair of panted pants and the paint wasnt opaque enough so a had to do multiple caots, making them stiffer and causing them to crack more easily. so i try not to was them to often and when i do i hand wash them in the tub in cool water. i also made a pair of aerosmith pants for a friends bd earlier this year and used better paint. they havent cracked at all and arent stiff. so practice on a spare piece of denim first with your paint, let it dry crumple it & wash it, make sure it wont all flake off. these pants took me at least 8-10 hours and i cried the first time i took them out of the wah and did some major touch up work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

then looking upward i strain my eyes & try, to tell the difference between shooting stars & statellites, from the passenger seat as you are driving me home. "do they collide?" i ask & you smile. with my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.
schadenfreude
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004 02:49:28 PM »

You've got a great design eye, tentimeszero.  What impresses me the most is how it all works so well together, layout-wise, as a single piece.  nice job!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkmoon

up with the static and the radio waves

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004 06:32:18 AM »

(*faints*) That is just about the coolest article of Beatles memorabilia I've ever seen! (especially the 'George leg'--I'm partial to anything Harrison)  Smiley

If they were mine I don't think I'd ever take them off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Thank you for flying Church of England, Cake or Death?"
flyhunnie7

too cool for the room

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004 11:36:10 AM »

that is a really awesome pair of pants you got there missy!

i would be so scared to be so bold, but i admire you're style (i also don;t need any more attention to my huge rear end lol). awesome job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leftist.feminist.ac tivist.journalist.
subliminalpolka
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2004 10:06:52 AM »

Holy goats!

*falls out of chair*

Those pants are amazing!  You talented li'l vixen, you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspenwall
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004 10:53:50 AM »

those are awesome pants!  I love the BEatles!  I love your messy craft area too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ollyollyoxenfree
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004 01:37:01 PM »

Eeeeeesh... AMAZING! I want to do a Queen pair of pants like that. Since I love Queen. I'm thinking...Bohemian Rhapsody? AWESOME job!  Grin Oh and I LOVE the song Blackbird. I wrote a paper on it once. It's absolutely beautiful.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004 02:06:21 PM by ollyollyoxenfree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

one day i'll be wondering how
i got so old just wondering how
i never got cold wearing nothing in the snow
this is way beyond my remote concern
Goddess
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004 08:50:42 PM »

Holy goats!

*snort* that was very cute...
These are fabulous! I might have to make an Elvis pair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Iris
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

hello.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004 02:41:06 PM »

wow.......

i made a pair of Beatles pants last year too, but mine have cracked and are icky now. You have inspired me to make another pair and happily wear them everywhere.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cordeliapow
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004 05:35:39 PM »

those are really pretty, my favorite part is the water splash. -clg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veruca_petunia
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004 07:48:51 PM »

oh bejesus those are the coolest things i have ever seen. i am such a beetles lover. i have car stickers. i have cds. i have books. in fact, today i bought a book about this lady who channeled john lennon into a book or something. but i do not have pants. you are so cool. thank you for sharing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...sweet dreams 'till sunbeams find you...
garbagenight
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004 09:42:18 PM »

if you buy acrylic medium, it easily makes the paint more flexible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004 02:55:42 PM »

let me tell u one thing.. they are one gorgeous pair of jeans! i absolutely luv the detail and the guitar rocks! i happen to play guitar and am now inspired to have one painted on one of my jackets or something although i highly HIGHLY doubt it will come out even half as beautifully as yours did! i luv them! great job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
Fallen_Skittles

Taste the Rainbow!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004 02:38:30 PM »

:oOMG THOSE R SOOOOOOOO COOL! i actually dont like the beatles, but how awesome would it be to have a pair of EVANESCENCE pants?!?!?!! oh my gawd im so inspired! or even a purse painted like that! ur an awesome painter by the way, im luving the water drop thing. and the bird, and the sun, and the fire, omg i love everything! this is soooo cool!  u seriously rock. not to mention u r so bold to wear such an intensly awesome pair of pants. my future ones will be less intense...maybe, lol. omg im babbling, great job! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my feild of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me
~Evanescence, Whisper
jellyfish8706

Let's make it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2004 03:07:51 PM »

even my bf is jealous, he said if i made him a pair, he'd never change his pants again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/kitschcouturebykelly
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2004 03:49:09 PM »

Wow! That's amazing! Mind if I steal the idea with the Rolling Stones?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
SHELLYK.

I Love Great Danes!!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2004 03:29:07 PM »

You should frame those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HardCandy63

Short Attention Span Crafts Since Age Four.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2004 06:47:25 PM »

Wow, I will have to have fun with some items of clothing tomorrow! Those are the greattest, I think I want a Billy Talent pair. I'm a Billy Talent whore, I got the CD the second day it was out. Only because the CD store was closed. Stupid people and their stupid colds...how inconciderate are they!?!?! Anyway, great pants! Oh, and falling_skittles, i think an evanessence bag would rock. I love them to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HardCandy63

Short Attention Span Crafts Since Age Four.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2004 07:11:37 AM »

just a question, what kind of paint did you use for your friends pants? b/c i did some exparamenting and all ym paint flaked off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2004 02:17:37 PM »

What? No yelow submarine?
No, but really you did a fabbity-fab-fab job (oh god, I sound so geeky. sorry.) MY compliments to the, umm, crafty-like person.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PeaceNow
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2004 10:56:38 AM »

OH MY GOD I WANT THOSE PANTS!!!!
I know the beatles changed the music world...but since i really wasnt alive for the beatles revolution...i am looking for another band that...
wait a minute...
DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!!!!
thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ROCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh you never know
Who will come
And who will stay
So stay..
...Live a long time Today...

-Rusted Root
~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~:*:~
odds Life

What's this whole llama thing anyway?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2004 08:27:55 PM »

Those are soooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going  to make some too Grin

(or I am going to try to Cheesy) but I'm going to do James Taylor ones Grin Grin Grin Grin But the Beatles rock Cool  Grin Cool Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a D-R-A-G-O-N! DRAGON! I don't do that silly llama thing!
PearlyGirly
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2004 05:06:25 PM »

WOW! Those are fantabulous!! Kudos! I might have to make some....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohhh, I'm sorry Champ. I think I ate your chocolate squirrel."
EvilDeadFan

k-billy super sounds of the seventies

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2004 07:01:33 AM »

Hello. I am new to this site but find it fantastic.  I love your pants! I nearly peed when I saw them. People at my school made fun of me and my mean mister mustard shirt, but people at my school have no class.  sorry for the tangents I love your pants! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

are you going to bark all day little doggie, or are you going to bite?  <FrankliN> Hello, I am Mrs. DoughtFranklin.  Watch me loose my false teeth and set my fake bosoms on fire.
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2004 10:47:39 AM »

I have to agree with the masses the pants are FAB!! Now thixle had posted a suggestion on another thread about setting the paint by dipping a papertowel in vinegar and putting it on the pic and ironning over it until the towel if dry... I have tried it and it works (now I'm addicted and am painting ALL clothes I find) I find that it softens the pic  too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tentimeszero
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2004 02:58:11 PM »

sorry my old host died.
here they are:

front

front details

back

back pockets

back details
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoorayforhumans
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2004 03:32:54 PM »

superb. now i know why everyone loves them so much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Khloe Kardashian Wedding Hairstyle
How to Wash a Full Lace Wig
How to Create Fun New Hair Styles
How to Study Hairdressing with Saco
How to Color Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...