A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fair isle cardigan  (Read 5486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chimblysweep
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005 11:45:23 AM »

Has anyone tried this cardigan with Lambs pride worsted?  I'm having a hard time finding the colors I want in bulky - well it's on back order at several sites and my lys and i guess i'm impatient to start.  Just curious.  Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it-- worsted and bulky are two different weight yarns, which will result in different gauges entirely.  You could do it, though, but you'd have to swatch and most definetely would have to use smaller needles. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005 06:39:48 PM »

Has anyone tried this cardigan with Lambs pride worsted?  I'm having a hard time finding the colors I want in bulky - well it's on back order at several sites and my lys and i guess i'm impatient to start.  Just curious.  Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it-- worsted and bulky are two different weight yarns, which will result in different gauges entirely.  You could do it, though, but you'd have to swatch and most definetely would have to use smaller needles. 

you might be able to get the gauge with worsted if you held to strands together throughout. you'd need more skeins, but you could give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
tooms
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005 09:11:14 AM »

Or just alter the pattern to accomodate your different gauge, as per the instructions in Chapter 1.  I may do this, too, actually, mainly because I am not crazy about bulky yarns, but I do love Brown Sheep lambs Pride Worsted.  Let me know how it turns out, if you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarabande
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005 05:58:24 AM »

I'm knitting this with 2 strands of worsted held together, and my guage was the same.  I'm doing it in 1 color, and I figured out I need 7 skeins.  I'm using Plymouth's Galway wool, not sure how the yardage compares to the Lambs Pride.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005 10:29:51 AM »

Thanks for posting on the worsted issue.  I am thinking about using Patons Merino worsted (love the color range and my LYS is really inconsistent about their LP Bulky selection), and I was debating holding two strands together.  Although the price is great (somethink like $5/skein of 200+ yards, I guess holding two together won't really save me any money in the long run Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005 06:51:33 PM »

hey, i m thinking of making this with a base of grey and then piknjk accent, or base of bright pink and yellow and orange accent. anyone have any opinions on how it might look?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Julia Thorne
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005 09:27:29 AM »

I just finished the grey/pink one in the book - i like how it turned out (will post pics soon!)

The bright pink/yellow/orange would be BRIGHT!  I think it would look good, just depends on how much colour you like wearing Smiley.  Though.. as I just typed that I looked down and realized that I am infact wearing a bright pink sweater with a bit of fair isle at the top (white and burgandy) and I think it looks very spiffy.  What would you use as the third colour?

The green one that cha.cha.cha made looks great as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keysa
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005 12:30:14 PM »

Yeah my yarn came!!!  gotta go start this right now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Better Photos From Different Heights
How to Take Better Photos Without Zooming
How to Take Better Photos with Fill Flash
How to Take Better Photos by Pre-focusing
Essential Travel and Landscape Photography Skills
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...