A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Promotional Packets  (Read 488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 04, 2008 09:34:38 PM »

Even months after I've finished a craft swap I still think about my partner every once in awhile. Do you think it would be fine to send them a random promotional packet? Would this be considered "junk mail" to you? I would love to receive something like this from a fellow crafter but not so sure about everyone else.

I would send things like:
a couple of my business cards
marble magnet with my logo on it
pen with my name on it
customized business paper clip
*something personal for that person, like a charm of a fish (if they liked fish) or whatever. Just to show it was personally put together for them.

Do you think this would be taking advantage of having someone's home address and personal information?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2blu
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008 07:49:56 AM »

personally I think it depends on if they expressed an interest in your business or not. I had a penpal once who just because she had my address added me to her Mary Kay mailing list. It's junk mail. I don't like Mary Kay, don't even wear make-up and never expressed any interest in it.

Also I think it would be better to include kinda the same amount of promotional items as crafted just for them items. Like 1 pen and  1 fish charm. Then it is equal goodies and ads. if they showed an interest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
kaycrafts
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008 09:29:40 AM »

I'm not really sure how well that would go over.  Or if it would do any good for your business.  As for the promo items increasing sales, it would probably be better to include that stuff when you ship an order to someone, or put it in the bag when you sell something at a show.  Of course, that's asuming that you are trying to promote your business.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kay at Craft Treasures
Shop: www.crafttreasures.com
Crafters pages: www.crafttreasuresnj.com
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008 09:31:08 AM »

I'm just starting out in the "promoting" realm. I was just trying to think of more creative ideas. Thanks for the advice you two!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008 09:54:51 AM »

A promotion should have a purpose. You're basically spending money sending a packet like that - what's the goal? Is she going to promote your shop for you? Is she a good potential business partner, or are you just hoping she might leave one of those things somewhere and hopefully someday it might find it's way into a potential buyer's hands?

Why not - moving forward - when you're involved in a swap, include a card asking people to swap business as well as crafts. I don't know what kind of details you have on these people (if they just do a hobby or they try to sell stuff), but it seems if you're interested in doing something like that, others might be, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mango Habanero Sorbet Recipe
How to Poach Pears
How to Make Grilled Cheese Ice Cream Sandwiches
15-Minute Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Cronut Holes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...