A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rat Birthday Cake  (Read 140122 times)
Tags for this thread: fondant , rat , cake , cake_decorating , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vestarita
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2005 03:29:33 PM »

Your rat cake (plus a craftster.org plug) made it to the May issue of MacWorld, page 65.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005 03:36:25 PM by vestarita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2005 09:58:27 PM »

As a former cake decorator I must give you props. That is the coolest cake I've ever seen. If my local grocery store sold cakes like this I'd get soooooo fat on rat-cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keridiana
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2005 04:45:39 PM »

amazing - couldn't tell which was real!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2005 06:42:10 AM »

Tee hee hee who woulda thought a rat cake sould be in a computer magazine? Still neato, I might have to procure one for my own amusement!

I really REALLY REALLY have been meaning to post a tutorial for this thing, but fondant is kind of a pain to make sometimes so I've been a slackin'. However, I am hosting a potluck dinner for the people I'm going abroad to China with on Tuesday and I plan to make a centerpeice out of cake for that w/a china theme.

I'll make some extra fondant and make a little tute about rat brownies just for you guys ;-) Then maybe I'll place it strategically near (or in!) some of the food and see if anyone notices it @ dinner muahahaha!

PS thanks again for your compliments! Maybe I should quit everything else and become a cake decorator... Morbid Pastries Inc. Sick Sweets International, Cakes to Make Your Kid Cry at Their Birthday Limited... the possibilites are endless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
IceCreamCone
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2005 02:03:14 AM »

Genius.
It looks amazing.
I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2005 05:58:18 PM »

PS thanks again for your compliments! Maybe I should quit everything else and become a cake decorator... Morbid Pastries Inc. Sick Sweets International, Cakes to Make Your Kid Cry at Their Birthday Limited... the possibilites are endless!

My friend and I wanted to have a cake shop called "It's Only a Fuckin' Cake"  The amount of severly anal retentive people who come in and order cakes is amazing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
pamplemousse
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2005 08:53:01 AM »

My friend and I wanted to have a cake shop called "It's Only a Fuckin' Cake"  The amount of severly anal retentive people who come in and order cakes is amazing...

YES! I used to work at a cake bakery and people could drive you crazy about the littlest things; uniformity of strawberry size, matching frosting colors to paper plates etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2005 09:46:58 AM »

_My feelings can only be expressed by what my boyfriend screamed @ the computer.

"Ay. Dios. Mio!" >> Spanish for Oh. My. God.

The he went on & on for almost two hours about cake ideas & how I should learn how to do a rat cake for him because if not he was going to have to leave me for you & your cool rat cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
Tom-cat
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2005 05:59:09 PM »

HOLY CRAPPP!! You are amazing! i could never do that. Thsoe rats looik so real...i was afraid that you served tha to her with realy rats ..untill i read it all pver agian..lol..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hecate
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2005 12:41:00 AM »

That is so realistic and wonderful! It's such a great idea too, I never would've thought of doing something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Floating Jellyfish Skyscraper Design Concept
Amazing Polar Umbrella Skyscraper Design
An Amazing Slide Design Inside a Home
ADGreenroom2013_Timelapse-LowRes.Mp4
Madeline Stuart Interview, Architectural Digest Greenroom at 2013 Oscars
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...