A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rat Birthday Cake  (Read 140347 times)
Tags for this thread: fondant , rat , cake , cake_decorating , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vestarita
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2005 03:29:33 PM »

Your rat cake (plus a craftster.org plug) made it to the May issue of MacWorld, page 65.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005 03:36:25 PM by vestarita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2005 09:58:27 PM »

As a former cake decorator I must give you props. That is the coolest cake I've ever seen. If my local grocery store sold cakes like this I'd get soooooo fat on rat-cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keridiana
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2005 04:45:39 PM »

amazing - couldn't tell which was real!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2005 06:42:10 AM »

Tee hee hee who woulda thought a rat cake sould be in a computer magazine? Still neato, I might have to procure one for my own amusement!

I really REALLY REALLY have been meaning to post a tutorial for this thing, but fondant is kind of a pain to make sometimes so I've been a slackin'. However, I am hosting a potluck dinner for the people I'm going abroad to China with on Tuesday and I plan to make a centerpeice out of cake for that w/a china theme.

I'll make some extra fondant and make a little tute about rat brownies just for you guys ;-) Then maybe I'll place it strategically near (or in!) some of the food and see if anyone notices it @ dinner muahahaha!

PS thanks again for your compliments! Maybe I should quit everything else and become a cake decorator... Morbid Pastries Inc. Sick Sweets International, Cakes to Make Your Kid Cry at Their Birthday Limited... the possibilites are endless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
IceCreamCone
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2005 02:03:14 AM »

Genius.
It looks amazing.
I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2005 05:58:18 PM »

PS thanks again for your compliments! Maybe I should quit everything else and become a cake decorator... Morbid Pastries Inc. Sick Sweets International, Cakes to Make Your Kid Cry at Their Birthday Limited... the possibilites are endless!

My friend and I wanted to have a cake shop called "It's Only a Fuckin' Cake"  The amount of severly anal retentive people who come in and order cakes is amazing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
pamplemousse
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2005 08:53:01 AM »

My friend and I wanted to have a cake shop called "It's Only a Fuckin' Cake"  The amount of severly anal retentive people who come in and order cakes is amazing...

YES! I used to work at a cake bakery and people could drive you crazy about the littlest things; uniformity of strawberry size, matching frosting colors to paper plates etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2005 09:46:58 AM »

_My feelings can only be expressed by what my boyfriend screamed @ the computer.

"Ay. Dios. Mio!" >> Spanish for Oh. My. God.

The he went on & on for almost two hours about cake ideas & how I should learn how to do a rat cake for him because if not he was going to have to leave me for you & your cool rat cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
Tom-cat
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2005 05:59:09 PM »

HOLY CRAPPP!! You are amazing! i could never do that. Thsoe rats looik so real...i was afraid that you served tha to her with realy rats ..untill i read it all pver agian..lol..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hecate
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2005 12:41:00 AM »

That is so realistic and wonderful! It's such a great idea too, I never would've thought of doing something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Demon from the Dark Book Trailer
Robin Wasserman Talks About Crashed
Alysia Sofios Reveals Her Best Quality
Anna Badkhen Talks About Peace Meals
Kate Morton Talks About The House at Riverton
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...