A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Naughty Words Need Love Too! Sign ups are CLOSED>>>  (Read 15501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_trademarks
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008 02:03:52 PM »

I am a little confused about the point system. Does it have to be in supply costs or what the item would retail as? I know it says supplies and that would be like $70 in supplies. I don't know if the DH would approve. Although I see no harm in it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008 03:06:18 PM »

don't let the point system confuse you Smiley it's pretty much the same as anything else only you can choose your sizes that add up to the 7 points (vs me saying you make 1 large, 1 medium and 2 smalls)  Just gives a little more open ability with your size options Smiley

The actual size guidelines are taken from craftster's suggestions for sizes though I did reorganize them to post here.  Personally I determine my size by 'averaging' 

To elaborate lets pretend something cost $6 took 3 hours to make and is a bag, then by that standard, it could be a small a medium or a large.  So I would average it out and it'd be a medium.  But I also look and ask myself 'if someone else gave me this would I be pleased?' and if my answer is yes I bug the family for their opinions.  By time and size my crafts are rarely small but if they wouldn't 'medium' or 'large' impress me, they are smalls lol. 

I'm pretty sure they put the guidelines together to keep someone from sending out 12 - 4 popcicle stick wind mobiles and calling it a package full of larges, or something equally as appauling.  Not that i think anyone would do that here but there are those that would try to get something and send nothing, and those are bastards I think we all agree lol.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008 03:08:01 PM by GothChics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
chibii

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008 03:23:10 PM »

Can't wait to see the gallery for this swap! Cheesy Should be interesting, heeheehee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

3 successful personal swaps!

I love fish, strawberries, zebra prints, hair clips, and anything cute! <3
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008 03:32:07 PM »

To elaborate lets pretend something cost $6 took 3 hours to make and is a bag, then by that standard, it could be a small a medium or a large.  So I would average it out and it'd be a medium.  But I also look and ask myself 'if someone else gave me this would I be pleased?' and if my answer is yes I bug the family for their opinions.  By time and size my crafts are rarely small but if they wouldn't 'medium' or 'large' impress me, they are smalls lol. 
Wink I do that same exact thing, then then- I am not that great at making "small" crafts.
I'm pretty sure they put the guidelines together to keep someone from sending out 12 - 4 popcicle stick wind mobiles and calling it a package full of larges, or something equally as appauling.  Not that i think anyone would do that here but there are those that would try to get something and send nothing, and those are bastards I think we all agree lol.
I've seen some that are pretty damn close to that. Kinda pisses me the fuck off since I know how hard a lot of people (myself included) work on their swap packages.

I can't WAIT to be partnered up for this. I was thinking perhaps I need a curse word corset.... LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008 03:47:19 PM »

Wink I do that same exact thing, then then- I am not that great at making "small" crafts.
I've seen some that are pretty damn close to that. Kinda pisses me the fuck off since I know how hard a lot of people (myself included) work on their swap packages.

I can't WAIT to be partnered up for this. I was thinking perhaps I need a curse word corset.... LOL!

LOL I get pissed when I see the no thought no time no effort packages too and sometimes have a really really hard time biting my tongue to keep from saying something that I know I shouldn't.  THere are times I've wanted to angel event hough they received lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008 09:07:40 PM »

List has been updated!

Feel free to join us potty mouthed craftsters we're going to have one hell of a damn good time Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

doxiemommy
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008 09:43:28 AM »

Sooo I spent half of my night at work thinking up pretty little swear word crafty goodness I could make...Then my boss caught me staring off into nothingness and started to nag me about wasting company time.. Stupid asses theres no one to cook food for at 2am in the fuckin mornin...anyways... Lets just say I've got some pretty cool ideas in me head!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy-  http://www.Astroma.etsy.com
Wist-  http://www.wists.com/doxiemommy
SALE IN MY SHOP AND IF YOU CONVO ME WITH THIS CODE I'LL GIVE YOU FREE SHIPPING
ship2acrafster

I'm a big loser 45lbs and counting!
semicharm86

You met me at a really strange time in my life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008 10:15:28 AM »

i'm so excited about this swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h0p31355

How *hard* could it be?

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008 02:32:11 PM »

i feel bad cuz everyone has ideas already!!!!

i stalk to get ideas >_> <_< hehe

the idea of a curse word corset makes me a wee bit giddy <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~h0p31355~
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008 02:38:42 PM »

I am also feeling the need for something that says, "Fucking Ass Pirates!" because the MAs on base confiscated my temp pass just "because".

"Because it's not stamped."

Well you mother fucking ass pirate pillow biting bitches..... you are they ONLY MAs giving me issue with this. All the other bases accepted it. Fuck off. Eat Me (oh wait, you wouldn't anyways.... you're ass pirates.) Fuck you and the dolphin you rode in on! Angry

Sorry for the rant.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Track Roto Shapes - Motion 3
How to Replace the Sky Part 1/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Replace the Sky Part 2/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Change Summer to Winter - Shake 4.1
How to Fix Jagged Edges - Shake 4.1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...