A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thought we might introduce ourselves...  (Read 10792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007 12:35:18 AM »

Thanks! Sad about the name. Are there people who crochet? I don't know how to knit at all Sad

Nice meeting you all.  BTW Whatever happened to the SNB?
We had to have a quick name change when the Sew Fast Sew Easy people decided that they own the term "stitch and bitch" and Yahoo! shut down all the groups that used the term (we thought SNB would pass, but it didn't).  The group is now called Aloha Knitters, and we still meet on Thursdays at Mocha Java, Ward Center, from 7 - 9 pm.  There's a MySpace profile for the group too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
jeni_loves_you
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2007 01:10:20 AM »

Hi!

I'm Jeni. I'm 25, from Hilo, HI, and an English Literature major at the University of Hawaii at Hilo with a Communications minor (I hope.) I work at Ben Franklin Crafts and am an Event Planner for the Student Activities Council on campus.

Right now my sewing room is a mess because I'm in the process of painting (this awesome bright (and I mean BRIGHT) pink and a bluish/tealish color...I'm about halfway done) but normally I sew and knit. I tried scrapbooking and jewelry making, but it just got too expensive.

None of my friends are crafty people so I'm always looking for people to talk to about different projects and things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mk_carroll
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2007 07:29:10 PM »

Thanks! Sad about the name. Are there people who crochet? I don't know how to knit at all Sad

I am really, really late in answering this!  Yes, there are crocheters too.  SNB was a better term (and the moderator who had to change the name couldn't get in touch with most of the members because the group had been shut down), so she made a quick name choice that doesn't make it clear that we have crocheters and spinners too.  Aloha Knitters is all about the fiber love - we don't get snobby about knit vs. crochet (besides, some of us do both). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
writerbee
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007 10:35:44 PM »

I'm Bethany and I'm in Kailua. I'm 23 and I moved here in May. It's great to hear about all the crafty people in Hawaii! The Aloha Knitters group sounds like a lot of fun -- I'd love to attend a meeting -- I haven't really met anyone here yet, as I'm just freelancing at home for now. It would be great to talk to and meet others who enjoy crafting too!

I mostly sew and crochet, and am learning to quilt and I'd love to learn to knit. I'd love to learn Hawaiian quilting, too, especially for gifts for family on the mainland. Currently I'm into altering and making clothes, particularly dresses, and I'm building up a stash of vintage dress patterns.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quixoticfish
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2008 05:02:55 PM »

Hi, I'm Lisa from Honolulu. I'm 32, married, currently pregnant for the first time, so when I'm not working 13 hour days, I'm just eating and sleeping. Before this happened I used to quilt and make weird clothes and things. I will start making things again as soon as I either get some energy back or I get some help at work. My sewing room is a mess and is slowly being converted to a nursery. I come from a long line of crafty sewing people. Right now I joined to get some motivation!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarush
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008 11:03:25 AM »

i'm moving to hawaii in a couple of weeks. i'll plan to live in central oahu.

i haven't been crafting too much for the last few months because i've been living temporarily in baltimore and dc for work. all my stuff is back in a storage shed in missouri. i was learning how to sew, knit on looms (not too much of a need for it anymore i guess, with average temps in the 80s), making buttons/pins, and other random stuff. i'm not an expert in any of them and love learning new ones.

can't wait to get to hawaii though and get addicted to craftster again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Georgia Peach Pie
How to Make Homemade Fondant and Decorative Daisies
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot Glass
Sabrina Soto Presents: The Sophisticated Gelatin Shot!
Easy Fruit Tart Recipe Perfect for Memorial Day
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...