A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
818 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thought we might introduce ourselves...  (Read 10781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gypsysoul3
PinkBird Creations

take it light, and take flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006 07:41:51 AM »

i miss hawaii too, dreadwaste, as i just (i say "just" but it was in july) moved to DC. fall is pretty here, but cold! i miss the beach and all my friends, and aloha!
just as i left the island there seemed to be a big "indie craft movement" on oahu...in chinatown, with the start of indie fashion shows (at nextdoor and the like) as well as the opening of bad sushi on river street in chinatown. are any of you involved with this stuff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinkbird.net
uncommon, handmade jewelry, accessories, and wearable art.

on etsy: http://www.pinkbird.etsy.com

Read my blog: http://pinkbirdcreations.blogspot.com/
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006 09:43:12 AM »

Chinatown is bumpin now, its great. I haven't done much craft wise but I am in a burlesque troupe and we are performing at lots of events. There definately is an indie-craft revolution happening. There was a craft show a few months ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
gypsysoul3
PinkBird Creations

take it light, and take flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006 04:29:36 PM »

i know...i really wanted to do the craft show (the one at thirtyninehotwl..is that the one you mean?) but it was right when i moved!
i'm working on ways to save up some $ to move back (yeah, shouldn't have moved in the 1st place!).

aloha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinkbird.net
uncommon, handmade jewelry, accessories, and wearable art.

on etsy: http://www.pinkbird.etsy.com

Read my blog: http://pinkbirdcreations.blogspot.com/
ravencrum
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006 09:12:19 PM »

so hi. i'm raven crum.  i'm basically a generalist but have been mostly into reconstruted garments as-of-late. the reason being that i've opened a used clothing store here in honolulu. people bring in stuff to sell or trade and they often dont want to deal with the leftover items. so i print on or frankenstich what i can and sell it in my shop.
i'm always on the hunt for kids who want to sell their handmade goods at my shop. clothes, jewelry, hats, bags, whatever.
i also am pretty involved wit local art and music happenings and love to host workshops and events when i have time. i'm a networking workhorse if you need anything.
i'm looking imto putting together a honolulu art collective in the coming year. i'm pretty into it.
glad i stumbled onto this. i never thought about looking for local peeps on craftster. it's very nice to make yer aquaintances. hope to see you on land sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

use your hands to make things.
use your hands to break things.
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006 09:15:30 PM »

PM me. I would love to join a collective. I have a busy schedule but will help out in any way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
kea
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007 12:01:56 AM »

hey everybody... wow, i'm so glad i decided to check the Hawaii board... I've been lurking, finally joined and decided to look around...
i'm 24, married, no kids and live near pearlridge/aiea area... I've dabbled in lots of different crafts... I've done beading, crocheting, ribbon leis, paper crafts, and misc other stuff but always end up doing cross stitch... someday I'd like to try Hawaiian quilting (i'm pretty decent with handstitching even though i can't sew) but not sure when I'll be ready to take on such a large project...
nice meeting everybody and i'm glad i found you guys...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hellokittygirl808
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007 04:23:52 PM »

hi...I'm joanne, 28 y/o, married, no children...yet, I live in honolulu.  love rubber stamping, card making, scrapbooking, general paper crafts, beading, felt crafts, other various crafts here and there...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rad kit
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007 07:28:51 PM »

Grin im tori from lanikai.
i crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YO! Need a bag full of novelty eyelash yarn in various and wonderful colors? Swap with me! PM for details and such.
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007 10:45:22 AM »

Hi I'm Su and I'm a lurker... lol!

Been busy swapping but took a peek and this subject has come alive again so... I'm a 30-something working mom (she just made 6 months!!) in Nuuanu, soon moving back to Waimanalo. I got the crafting bug from mom long long ago (she sews and crochets filet curtains and tablecloths, and everthing else!) but I'm more into jewelry now and starting to sew.  I also do origami, cards, some embroidery and whatever falls into my lap.

I just sent a Hawaiian quilt pattern book for a swap, and was thinking a small pillow for our new sofa would be more my speed so Kea, that'd be easier than a full quilt. Maybe after I move we do a craft-along??  They have little kits at Ben Franklin.

Nice meeting you all.  BTW Whatever happened to the SNB?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
mk_carroll
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2007 12:06:05 AM »

Nice meeting you all.  BTW Whatever happened to the SNB?
We had to have a quick name change when the Sew Fast Sew Easy people decided that they own the term "stitch and bitch" and Yahoo! shut down all the groups that used the term (we thought SNB would pass, but it didn't).  The group is now called Aloha Knitters, and we still meet on Thursdays at Mocha Java, Ward Center, from 7 - 9 pm.  There's a MySpace profile for the group too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Indonesian Beef Stew
How to Make Thai Chicken Pizza
How to Make Kimchi With Chef Judy Joo
Pho Recipe
How to Make Asian Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...