A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sandwich wrap tutorial  (Read 8956 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008 08:32:09 AM »

Instead of vinyl you could try a fabric called PUL (found on the internet).  It's fabric with a waterproof backing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008 02:33:53 PM »

PUl is also sold at Hancocks now - Yeah. I'm a little slow on this one.  I just made one out of PUL and cotton and am testing it tonight to see how fresh my piece of bread is in the morning.... I figure if it can be fresh after 14 hours then it will be perfect for lunchtime..
At Hancocks you have to ask for BabyDry - it is $9.99 a yard or $10.99 a yard depending on the thickness of the pul I suppose... I got the thinner of the two - and you can sew through it and it is very machine washable since it is intended for diapers and whatnot....

Sorry it took me so long to add my two cents on this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Sanity8080
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008 09:24:09 AM »

PUL is even cheaper than that if you buy it from co-ops, because the members of the co-ops are working together to meet the minimums set by the manufacturers....

I suppose it is nice that Hancock is selling it now, given that back in the day I couldn't find it anywhere in a brick and morter store....even if their mark-up is kinda sucktastic...

I'm wondering if one could use the fused grocery bags on the inside, if you wash them (the heat from the iron would sterilize if there was anything on there, wouldn't they?) first?  I have washed things made with the fused grocery bags before, and it seems like it worked well enough....then you could extend the recycling going on and further keep trash out of landfills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity, Working Mom to my Kindergarten Princess, and Loving Wife to Silver, the only man who completes my soul.

My Etsy Shop
faeriegirl
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009 12:56:29 AM »

these are really cool ! and thanks for the tut Smiley
i have been meaning to make sandwich wraps too for my son who is starting school this year , his school has a litter free policy !

i dont mean to be a wet blanket but i have been researching it a bit myself and it seems PUL isnt really recomended for food either :/   Embarrassed  UGH ! but i did see on another forum someone suggesting coating the fabric with beeswax ! genius and they also linked to http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/beeswax.htm#cloth that tutorial ... umm dont know it that link works :s i am new to this LOL anyway i am gonna give it a go next week when his special lunch fabrics arrive i will let you know how i go
xx jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acckt
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009 02:42:07 PM »

I love this! I think I might whip one up this weekend from the suggested freezer bag. Or might just suck it up and get some vinyl! I breathe in more bad stuff from pollution outside than I ever would from contamination via plastics >.>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenjenny
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009 09:35:45 AM »

I have seen oilcloth used for the inside of sandwitch wraps.  Long ago I found a tute online for making oilcloth. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klippyklip
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009 06:32:14 PM »

i think i might have missed something, but how does this work as a sandwich wrap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yogamama
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009 02:49:21 PM »

You wrap a sandwich inside it, kind of like how butchers wrap a hunk of meat.  You set the sandwich in the center of the wrap (vinyl side up), then fold the sides into the middle (over the sandwich), then the bottom, and last, the top.  It's kind of like making your own sandwich envelope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Organizing Elements in the Layers Palette
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Frames for Text and Graphics
Adobe InDesign CS2 - The Rectangle Tool vs. the Rectangle Frame Tool
Adobe InDesign CS2 - When Not to Turn on Allow Pages to Shuffle
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Document
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...